Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid owner experience: Melted chargeport, Passenger door pops open while driving, AP Cameras bugged. 21 days in service in first month of ownership.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My door unlocked itself too.
This issue is real. I started a thread here:

sad to see. As an early S owner I'm happy I was doing the beta testing when they still had amazing service. I think every part of my S was replaced except for the sheet metal. Some pieces multiple times. But back in 2013 it was all valet service never had to set foot in the service center. Now that the car has been rebuilt its as reliable as a NY taxi. I guess I'll get the plaid after they make atleast 50k of them and discover how to make opening sunroofs again.

Update: My twitter just got locked for "breaking Twitter rules"

1632122166582.png

I'd be in a rage if I were you. Please blow this up on Twitter and social media. Elon Musk deserves to get seriously spanked over this.

Plaid is obviously (to anyone who pays attention) a half-assed and rushed release designed to placate Elon Musk's ego after being crushed by Porsche at Nurburgring in 2019. Even the Model 3 at 1/3 the cost is manufactured to a higher quality standard and with newer components than this so-called "refresh".

If I'm spending $130,000 on a car, you can be sure it's going to be made by a proper performance car manufacturer. One that doesn't fall apart in the first 6 months. Wow.

Reactions: Wol747