Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid owners - Autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016.5 does a great job with parallel parking. Honestly I rely on it a lot more than I should since it takes the stress out of parking situations (it can ID the spot is big enough while I focus on driving slowly; it can be engaged quickly and I can just supervise; and, it delivers on its ability to park. I've used it hundreds of times, and unlike summon, it hasn't created much danger. Maybe some curb rash (though it does better than me so far) and I always hover my foot over the brake since it is a lot more comfortable getting within a half inch of a car behind or in front.

I don't really use the forward/backward autopark because keyfob summon is faster and easier. I also don't use the perpendicular auto park as I have no issues with anything other than the occasional parallel parking in congested urban areas with tight spots (S feels especially boat-like in these situations).

Reactions: rooter
Hello all,

Since I got my Plaid I couldn't get autopark to work. I got in touch with Tesla and they confirmed it's not "done" yet for Plaid and will be coming in software update. Any Plaid owners out there have it working?
My 2021 model S LR has the similar problem. I received the vehicle only a few weeks ago. After trying for a few days, Tesla service determined this is a "known" issue with the firmware. Now I have to wait for their engineers to develop a fix. Who knows when an actual "fix" will be available. I ordered this vehicle specifically for the autopark function because I am terrible with parallel parking. What a disappointment ...

After I had the car back from the service, I noticed all information about autopark was removed from the manual.

Reactions: Richg
My 2021 model S LR has the similar problem. I received the vehicle only a few weeks ago. After trying for a few days, Tesla service determined this is a "known" issue with the firmware. Now I have to wait for their engineers to develop a fix. Who knows when an actual "fix" will be available. I ordered this vehicle specifically for the autopark function because I am terrible with parallel parking. What a disappointment ...

After I had the car back from the service, I noticed all information about autopark was removed from the manual.
Rather pathetic on Tesla's part, considering a cheapo Hyundai can self-park these days. You can get six of them for the price of one Plaid, or maybe even a half-dozen.

Hello all,

Since I got my Plaid I couldn't get autopark to work. I got in touch with Tesla and they confirmed it's not "done" yet for Plaid and will be coming in software update. Any Plaid owners out there have it working?
Doesn't work on my 2021 Model S LR. The software is riddled with all sorts of inconsistencies and bugs.
Charge door hardly ever opens on a Tesla charger / supercharger click. Anyone else having this issue? My Model Y opens every time I click the button on the Tesla charger.

My 2016.5 does a great job with parallel parking. Honestly I rely on it a lot more than I should since it takes the stress out of parking situations (it can ID the spot is big enough while I focus on driving slowly; it can be engaged quickly and I can just supervise; and, it delivers on its ability to park. I've used it hundreds of times, and unlike summon, it hasn't created much danger. Maybe some curb rash (though it does better than me so far) and I always hover my foot over the brake since it is a lot more comfortable getting within a half inch of a car behind or in front.

I don't really use the forward/backward autopark because keyfob summon is faster and easier. I also don't use the perpendicular auto park as I have no issues with anything other than the occasional parallel parking in congested urban areas with tight spots (S feels especially boat-like in these situations).
I Parallel park all the time and it’s no big deal. I don’t need auto park. I just park and leave. No big deal at all. All this fancy camera stuff is not needed

Just picked up a Plaid, autopark not working and summon is limited. Battery range was to be nearly 400 Miles, i able to charge to 350. Hoping that this is a s/w and not a battery pack issue.

Love the car, but to loose features that you had on a model S trade-in, is pretty poor.

Just picked up a Plaid, autopark not working and summon is limited. Battery range was to be nearly 400 Miles, i able to charge to 350. Hoping that this is a s/w and not a battery pack issue.

Love the car, but to loose features that you had on a model S trade-in, is pretty poor.
The list of stuff that doesn’t work on my car is getting longer by the day. Yesterday the list grew again. This time. I have 3 tires with low air pressure. Of course the pressures are correct but those dam sensors.

Can you check you Dyno Mode data on the HV tab? Go to the software tab, hold down on Model S until it flashes. Type “dynotest.” Post a picture of your results of the HV tab (high voltage battery). This doesn’t work on software version 2021.32.10 but should work on anything before.

The list of stuff that doesn’t work on my car is getting longer by the day. Yesterday the list grew again. This time. I have 3 tires with low air pressure. Of course the pressures are correct but those dam sensors.
I had a tire pressure alert notification after driving the Plaid off the lot. Updated to the new s/w version and it subsided.

Thanks @WilliamG I’m running 2021.32.10. This is dyno mode looks like

Attachments

• 7165B15A-BEBA-45C8-B3A3-B02B42F3FEDE.jpeg
    7165B15A-BEBA-45C8-B3A3-B02B42F3FEDE.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 96