Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid owners - Tired of Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wrong. The 2017 MS P100D was the quickest. Period.
That’s quite the statement. Do you have actual live evidence other than the tesla posted speed on their order page? I can see your a Powner by your title?

I owned a 2017P100d (blk/white) with ludicrous+. My good friend had (still has) a 2019 Performance w/cheetah mode added in 2020. Trust me when I say…the cheetah was faster. We even swapped cars to be sure it wasn’t just one of us with a lazier foot …and ran this about 5x. Both cars starting at 89-90%. The 2019 consistently beat my P100D by a slight margin and even more as we moved past 1/8 mile…

Infact Tesla started throttling down P100D’s after a period of time all in the name of ‘battery and motor conservation’ as they were having too many drive unit replacements from ‘excessive wear under hard acceleration’.

I’ve been a MS Tesla owner since 2015. I’ve owned a 90D, P100D, 100DX, 100DS.

Bottom line what Tesla claims as 0-60 on their site is usually off. The Performance Cheetah actually pushed more amps than the P100D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xeux and bhzmark
That’s quite the statement. Do you have actual live evidence other than the tesla posted speed on their order page? I can see your a Powner by your title?

I owned a 2017P100d (blk/white) with ludicrous+. My good friend had (still has) a 2019 Performance w/cheetah mode added in 2020. Trust me when I say…the cheetah was faster. We even swapped cars to be sure it wasn’t just one of us with a lazier foot …and ran this about 5x. Both cars starting at 89-90%. The 2019 consistently beat my P100D by a slight margin and even more as we moved past 1/8 mile…

Infact Tesla started throttling down P100D’s after a period of time all in the name of ‘battery and motor conservation’ as they were having too many drive unit replacements from ‘excessive wear under hard acceleration’.

I’ve been a MS Tesla owner since 2015. I’ve owned a 90D, P100D, 100DX, 100DS.

Bottom line what Tesla claims as 0-60 on their site is usually off. The Performance Cheetah actually pushed more amps than the P100D.
I’ll run you for pinks and you’ll find out. Lol.

Hello,

I have both Plaid and Long Range on order but having a difficult time deciding which one to take.
Long range is plenty fast for me but the idea of having the fastest car for just 50K more is very tempting. A lot of people said I will get "used to" the acceleration of Plaid and probably won't use it as often, and recommended to go with long range. So my question for the plaid owners is are you happy with your choice? Do you wish you saved 50k and got a longer range?

Thanks!
I do have a plaid and love the zoom. Agree with other comments that its unlikely you will use is often. Its just a thing to want the best if can

Yeah, it doesn‘t make any sense. I’d love to hear this explained.

If you look online carefully, only the 19 inch wheel for LR is EPA rated. The 21 inch config LR is not rated by EPA, so it's probably Tesla's own (optimistic) estimation.

Both the 19 and 21 inch wheels for the Plaid are indeed rated by EPA.

So I think when 21 inch + LR is rated by EPA, it will be closer to the 348 miles rating from Plaid.

Reactions: Wolfsbane