Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid (Possibly) For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may seem unusual, but is not a scam. I have been driving the Plaid MS for one week, but for a few reasons, I am considering selling it. You can read my initial review of the car on TMC, here.

I locked in on price prior to the price increase, so there is potential I can sell for less than what you can buy it at today.

I am not 100% decided on this sale, but wanted to gauge interest. Please feel free to PM me if you want to set up a phone call.

Based on his comments in the model S delivery thread, he just wanted to recoup what he paid for the car including tax etc. So asking was likely ~130k or so. It wasn't (afaik) any kind of super premium price. Just didn't like driving a sedan anymore and wanted to get out of it without losing $$.
Correct. I'd rather not post the exact price, but it was more than what I paid (to recoup care price and sales tax) and less than what Tesla would charge you if you bought it today. I bought before the $10k price increase, so I was able to not get hurt and save the buyer a little cash. That should give you an idea.

This summary is exactly what happened. Was not looking to profit.

Correct. I'd rather not post the exact price, but it was more than what I paid (to recoup care price and sales tax) and less than what Tesla would charge you if you bought it today. I bought before the $10k price increase, so I was able to not get hurt and save the buyer a little cash. That should give you an idea.

This summary is exactly what happened. Was not looking to profit.
That’s solid. I think anyone would’ve jumped on that! Myself included.
What are you getting yourself now? Model X?

I have a MX and Rivian R1S on order. Been with Tesla for a really long time and MX was my favorite. Unfortunately, I sold in January thinking I'd get a new one, and the rest is history....
I have 3 MS Plaid incoming. Keeping the one I like the most. See attached builds. Can delete FSD. Likely going to keep one of the CF builds, but I'll decide after receiving the cream/walnut on Aug 10. Excited!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.17.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.17.20 PM.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.16.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.16.45 PM.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 74
The first two screenshots appear to be the same.
Do you expect them to all show up at the same time and reject two, or are you taking delivery of all three and then selling the two you don't want?
Two are configured identically. One is a converted Plaid Plus with a 1139 RN. I ordered the second one in the interim of when they canceled the Plus but were not yet converting to Plaids. I panicked! I will likely prefer the white/CF interior (Like a black my current M3, previous MS and previous MX) over cream/wood, but I haven’t seen the latter in person. For sure I will let go of a white/CF Plaid.

Two are configured identically. One is a converted Plaid Plus with a 1139 RN. I ordered the second one in the interim of when they canceled the Plus but were not yet converting to Plaids. I panicked! I will likely prefer the white/CF interior (Like a black my current M3, previous MS and previous MX) over cream/wood, but I haven’t seen the latter in person. For sure I will let go of a white/CF Plaid.
Sorry, but I don’t see how to edit a previous post. My previous two and current Tesla all have a white/carbon fiber interior. That’s what I prefer until I see the white with walnut trim.