Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new here but I am looking to see if anyone else had this issue with their Plaid. I took an inventory car as I have been waiting over a year and my delivery date kept changing so I just got tired of waiting. Regardless, I took the car home on the 19th and on the 20th the car went completely dead on 1-10 in Houston. I was barely able to get the car to the shoulder and had to use the manual latch to get out of the car. The hazards didn't even work!

The high voltage battery went out and they are now trying to find me a replacement car. Has anyone else had this issue or heard of anyone else having this happen to them?

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
There have been a few reported issues with Plaid cars related to suddenly losing power and throwing a bunch of errors. Whatever it is seems to be fixable and I don't recall seeing anyone have a recurrence.

The joys of being an early adopter of a new platform.

I'm new here but I am looking to see if anyone else had this issue with their Plaid. I took an inventory car as I have been waiting over a year and my delivery date kept changing so I just got tired of waiting. Regardless, I took the car home on the 19th and on the 20th the car went completely dead on 1-10 in Houston. I was barely able to get the car to the shoulder and had to use the manual latch to get out of the car. The hazards didn't even work!

The high voltage battery went out and they are now trying to find me a replacement car. Has anyone else had this issue or heard of anyone else having this happen to them?
@Tangelle Check out this "Issues" thread. @WilliamG @Muzzman1 @dennis may have something to offer.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
I think something similar happened to this person as well...

For the record, my car was pretty perfect in every way save for the HV battery only giving me 250mi of rated range. Finally after 3 weeks and 2200 miles of wasted drives to get the battery to fail, I am getting a new battery.
But why? The Plaid's range is clearly well above 250 miles, did Tesla give you any issues with a battery pack replacement?

But why? The Plaid's range is clearly well above 250 miles, did Tesla give you any issues with a battery pack replacement?
They went back and forth with me over a couple weeks.
They reset the BMS and sent me on my way, just to have it lose its range over a weekend again.
The biggest issue is getting a service appointment at a reasonable time.
I left my car with them today for a new pack, since it no longer would charge over 30%
I'm told it will be a priority since it's a plaid, but will still take a week to get the new pack.

Reactions: WilliamG
They reset the BMS and sent me on my way, just to have it lose its range over a weekend again.
I left my car with them today for a new pack, since it no longer would charge over 30%
I'm told it will be a priority since it's a plaid, but will still take a week to get the new pack.
Wow

What did they give you as a loaner?

An update in regards to the timing to get a new pack. I was messaged yesterday indicating it will be another 2 weeks from yesterday. So it will be almost 3 weeks to get my car back with a new pack.
They will have had my car longer than me IF I get it back when they say.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc