Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLAID Raised Emblem Model S Community Input

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No offense, but this is like a bad version of "Pimp My Ride." Biggest issue is the letters jut out too far from the body. A more flush looking letter and a different font would be better. Better yet, put the Plaid in ride across the plastic piece connecting the taillights and do it in red. Tighten up the kerning while you are at it.

Reactions: Drew-MS
My 2021 came with the word Plaid in the same place the badge goes now. I thought folks were aware of it but no one mentioned it. Pretty small and not very noticeable. Seems like all the later ones come with the abstract badge. I prefer the word.

I agree. That version inspired me to go with just "DUAL" in that same location.

2023-05-05 19.03.26-license.jpg

Hi fellow Model S-ers.
I recently made this raised emblem and I was wondering what you guys think. Should letters be bigger and spaced further apart? Or does it look just fine. I had recently made one for a friend where the PLAID emblem was to the top right which looked fine. I want your guys opinions before I apply the stronger adhesive. What do you guys think? View attachment 939621View attachment 939622View attachment 939623
I love this kind of stuff. When other people see it, it sets the bar pretty low and they appreciate my non-Autozoned car even more.

Well, I am over the badge phase, but I like the black raised word art (Letters) on the back trim bar they took away in the refresh.

So, here is the 2023 raised silver letters on a 2022 rear trim bar. Not perfect, but when I showed it to my wife, she said it was "Within Spec"
😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_101144233.jpg
    IMG_20230719_101144233.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: WilliamG
Well, I am over the badge phase, but I like the black raised word art (Letters) on the back trim bar they took away in the refresh.

So, here is the 2023 raised silver letters on a 2022 rear trim bar. Not perfect, but when I showed it to my wife, she said it was "Within Spec"
😁
Certainly more within spec than the left tail light alignment Tesla can’t get right. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Where did you get the letters from, and how did you install them so well? 😂

Also, what on earth is the “PLAD-“ badge?! 🤣

Last edited:
Where did you get the letters from, and how did you install them so well? 😂

Comes in a carrier. I found it needed to be trimmed to ensure top and bottom alignment.

See image for carrier and PN. Be prepared for a argument at the SvC about why it is not available for your car, despite being listed on the EPC as "Over the Counter"

Attachments

• 1689790392551843463701587144239.jpg
    1689790392551843463701587144239.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 49