Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid range decline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am experiencing a range decline with charging to same level, from 30~40 upto 90%. Car used to show 313 miles at 90% now only shows 291 miles. 100 charge shows 323 miles. I have charged it to 100 only once for the drag strip never after that.
Car is 3 months old and 3247 miles on odometer. Average is 328wh/mile.
Any thoughts....
Screenshot_20210913-163329_Tesla.jpg

More likely than anything the bms hasn’t had enough time + variable states of charge while the car is asleep to Calibrate accurately. It’s my understanding it skews towards being conservative. There’s a great post about it somewhere here…

Ty. Tesla service did remote diagnostics and said battery health is fine, no issues.
Charge from 40 to 90 all the time if possible.

Tesla service is hard wired to say your car is fine, performing as designed, etc.

Until it isn't. Then they try to blame it on you.

Why don't they update the guidance on proper charging? Because unless the pack or BMS is bad, it shouldn't matter for many many cycles/years.

Tesla service is hard wired to say your car is fine, performing as designed, etc.

Until it isn't. Then they try to blame it on you.

Why don't they update the guidance on proper charging? Because unless the pack or BMS is bad, it shouldn't matter for many many cycles/years.
Yep. It’s all good, don’t worry.

range loss is the mystery that is starting to happen again in this case.