Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Range Mode ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. I only use chill mode on long trips or snow.
If chill mode produces better range VS Sport or Plaid, does anyone know if the acceleration intensity is reduced while using FSD Beta if chill is selected. I’ve noticed that FSD Beta seems to punch it from being stopped at lights or stop signs. I have had Sport selected, and have yet to try Chill while using FSD Beta 10.8.

If chill mode produces better range VS Sport or Plaid, does anyone know if the acceleration intensity is reduced while using FSD Beta if chill is selected. I’ve noticed that FSD Beta seems to punch it from being stopped at lights or stop signs. I have had Sport selected, and have yet to try Chill while using FSD Beta 10.8.
Chill mode, only reduces the maximum acceleration the car will perform. It will have little effect on the range. It takes the same amount of effort to get to 70 mph, regardless of how fast you get there. Now if you always go for that 1.9 second to 60, and use the brakes a lot, you may see a slight reduction. But it will be negligible for most folks, especially on road trips.

Chill mode, only reduces the maximum acceleration the car will perform. It will have little effect on the range. It takes the same amount of effort to get to 70 mph, regardless of how fast you get there. Now if you always go for that 1.9 second to 60, and use the brakes a lot, you may see a slight reduction. But it will be negligible for most folks, especially on road trips.
That doesn't sound right. Smoothing out peaks will provide more range.

Reactions: CaptUAL
I checked/tested it today. There was No difference between Chill-Sport-Plaid setting When using FSD BETA and how rapidly the car accelerated while on FSD Beta. I also drove the identical 20 mile route with Chill on one and Sport on the other. I found that Chill simply desensitized the accelerator VS Sport that made it more responsive and sensitive . Both routes had the same power consumption per mile and where driven in the same easy relaxed style. I drove the route a third time in Sport and I drove somewhat aggressively, which used considerably more power per mile.