Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid reduced to $114k today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling there will be more price drops for the MS and MX and/or more incentives before the end of the quarter.

There are 31 MS's in new inventory within 200 miles of Chicago right now, I have never seen anywhere near that many and the number has trickled up in the last few days.

Maybe people are just placing new orders because they want the round wheel instead of the yoke, or it's just really hard to justify paying 80-90% more compared to a M3/MY, especially with the current interest rates.

I also noticed that they are actually offering test drives of the Model S (and presumably the MX), which wasn't the case the last time I checked (maybe late summer / early fall last year). And they've given in on the yoke stubbornness, so yeah, demand has definitely softened on the MS/MX.

I'm kind of happy about that, TBH, it will force them to put more of an effort into competing in the higher end of the market and maybe we'll see more improvements. Either that, or they'll just kill the MS/MX - Elon did say just before the refresh that it's not really an important product for them any more, and they're just keeping it for nostalgic reasons. Which would be sad.