Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid/Refresh CAN data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been trying to look at some of the CAN data on my Plaid and have been struggling to see much. Did they change the wiring vs the 2015-2020 S? I was looking on pin 9/10 on diagnostic connector which I thought was the vehicle bus doesn’t seem to have anything on it. 13/14 which I thought was the chassis bus only has a couple messages on it.

I’m also assume that the message format should be similar to the 3/Y but the messages I have seen don’t match.

Anyone have any insights?

I've been examining the CAN bus on the 2022 Model S. On CAN 2 on pins 9 & 10 of the diagnostics connector, the speed has changed from 125 kbps to 500 kbps. CAN 3 is still 500 kbps. In my limited checks on both CAN 2 and CAN 3, it doesn't appear the frame IDs match up with the prior Model S. More investigations are needed. Functions may have also moved to different buses. With a few tests, CAN 2 items I tested did not migrate to CAN 3 (at least with the same frame ID).