Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ reservation holders: what is Tesla telling you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on this? I placed my Plaid+ order on Sept 22, the second he said it was available to order, and now I'm floating in the ether...

I'm bummed because I went to the event last night and saw all the other first 25 guys picking up their Plaids and getting tequila bottles for free. At the time of my reservation there was no Plaid and Plaid+, it automatically converted to a Plaid+ and I'm punished for not converting it back down to a Plaid?
I’m waiting to hear back from the SF store‘s sales manager, since I stopped by earlier this week to ask what my options would be.

If the pre-10k bump price of $120k base for Plaid applies and they can keep my FSD at $8k, I will consider “downgrading“ to Plaid.
Actually taking delivery of a non-plus Plaid will hinge on reviews and track capabilities (ie, ability to run hard at least 20 minutes at max power).

If they don’t honor original pricing, I will hold onto the Plaid+ reservation as long as I possibly can, in the hopes this will be a future product Tesla actually ends up making.

I’m waiting to hear back from the SF store‘s sales manager, since I stopped by earlier this week to ask what my options would be.

If the pre-10k bump price of $120k base for Plaid applies and they can keep my FSD at $8k, I will consider “downgrading“ to Plaid.
Actually taking delivery of a non-plus Plaid will hinge on reviews and track capabilities (ie, ability to run hard at least 20 minutes at max power).

If they don’t honor original pricing, I will hold onto the Plaid+ reservation as long as I possibly can, in the hopes this will be a future product Tesla actually ends up making.
@MarcG let us know what you come up with, I'm in the Bay Area too. Would you consider switching your Plaid+ reservation and paying the increased price for the Plaid if they threw in the FSD for free?

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
The price of the Model S Plaid just went up $10k to $130k. I wonder if people switching from a Plaid+ to a Plaid now will pay the new or old price.
I just got a call on Friday afternoon about my plaid + and I asked if my new price would have the fsd locked in at $8k? Yes. Then I asked about the $20k difference from $139 base to original 119k plaid pricing, which is now $129k. They told me no price lock. WTF I reserved the first day available in September 2020. He told me if I would have reserved 2 days earlier, I would be locked in at $119. Again WTF! Has anyone else challenged Tesla on this bait and switch? I hope Elon is planning on taking care of those who have supported them for years and reserved as soon as vehicle was made available. I am more than frustrated and pushing the pause button on my new purchase. Plus, I could not get an answer of 4680 cells. I really do not want old technology.

I just got a call on Friday afternoon about my plaid + and I asked if my new price would have the fsd locked in at $8k? Yes. Then I asked about the $20k difference from $139 base to original 119k plaid pricing, which is now $129k. They told me no price lock. WTF I reserved the first day available in September 2020. He told me if I would have reserved 2 days earlier, I would be locked in at $119. Again WTF! Has anyone else challenged Tesla on this bait and switch? I hope Elon is planning on taking care of those who have supported them for years and reserved as soon as vehicle was made available. I am more than frustrated and pushing the pause button on my new purchase. Plus, I could not get an answer of 4680 cells. I really do not want old technology.
Just keep your reservation. Plaid + is very likely coming next year. Tesla just needed to stimulate demand for the regular Plaid

Reactions: CSFTN
Yep. Just got off the phone with my Tesla guy who called me about 2 and half weeks ago and offer to switch me to the Plaid for $120M or wait for the Plaid+. I had chosen to wait. Now he is giving he the great off or either paying $10M more for the Plaid or getting my deposit back. I have owned four Tesla and currently still have three of them. No customer loyalty. I am looking forward to checking out the Mercedes EQS.

Reactions: aerodyne and croman
Yep. Just got off the phone with my Tesla guy who called me about 2 and half weeks ago and offer to switch me to the Plaid for $120M or wait for the Plaid+. I had chosen to wait. Now he is giving he the great off or either paying $10M more for the Plaid or getting my deposit back. I have owned four Tesla and currently still have three of them. No customer loyalty. I am looking forward to checking out the Mercedes EQS.
Did you cancel?

I think I'm going to avoid their calls as long as possible. I'm guessing at some point, they'll cancel it from underneath me, but at least I'll be able to say that they moved me from plaid to plaid+ and they cancelled the reservation without my consent.

Did he not give you the option to keep your Plaid+ reservation as is, in case they do end up building it next year? (btw $120M is a lot of money, three figures too many I think ;))

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Did he not give you the option to keep your Plaid+ reservation as is, in case they do end up building it next year? (btw $120M is a lot of money, three figures too many I think ;))
He said he was going to reach out to me and let me know that the Plaid+ was cancelled and that I could get a Plaid by the end of the month. I was referring to the price of the Plaid was just under $120,000. It sound like all the hold out will be contacted soon.

I'm in the same Plaid+ boat. I initially ordered Sept 2020. They called a few weeks ago to say the Plaid+ was delayed and would I like to convert to the Plaid. I declined. Then Elon cancels the Plaid+ and obviously we want the Plaid now. However, they have added $10k to the price and $2k to the FSD. Obviously it's entirely reasonable for us to get it at the price we ordered it at, however the best I've got from Tesla is the FSD at $8k so far. I can't believe more hasn't been made of this in the press etc. as the raised the price the same day as the Plaid+ was cancelled. If they had said it was being cancelled instead of being delayed we'd have got the order before the price was put up. I feel conned and manipulated TBD.

I've supported Tesla for 8 years. I've had 3 Model S's with orders for the Plaid+ and Founder's Roadster. I've got shares in Tesla and Space X. I'm their biggest fan, but this is making me want to cancel everything and go elsewhere.

I've also got 200,000+ YouTube subscribers, so maybe I could make some noise there, but I don't understand why Tesla isn't dealing with this in the right way.

Also - there's no real way of even escalating it within Tesla. You just get your local sales people who don't know anything, and are only in this situation because of Elon cancelling the Plaid+.

Come on Tesla - do the right thing...

I've also got 200,000+ YouTube subscribers, so maybe I could make some noise there, but I don't understand why Tesla isn't dealing with this in the right way.

Also - there's no real way of even escalating it within Tesla. You just get your local sales people who don't know anything, and are only in this situation because of Elon cancelling the Plaid+.

Come on Tesla - do the right thing...
Honestly I think they forgot, and just need to be reminded. Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence, haha.

What we need is someone with a platform to speak out about it. (Like you with your 200k subscribers, and some Twitter people with a significant following as well). Much the same, they called me and asked if I wanted to wait for the + or take the Plaid. I elected to wait for what I ordered, and I was waiting for them to call me back and say "actually, now your options are Plaid or refund", but never got that call. To think though that someone who ordered last week paid $100 to place an order and got it for $119900 vs us who paid $1000 last September, they want $129900 is wrong.

Even if it was an extra $2k it would sting but I'd accept it, but $10k is just too far.

Reactions: croman
Same boat for me, Plaid+ on order since reveal. They called me a few weeks ago about the change to Plaid, I declined and elected to keep reservation. Once I heard about the Plaid+ cancel I called and asked about Plaid at 119.9K. They later left me a message to call them but have not been able to get a hold of anyone. My reservation number is RN1139505xx. Ill just hold on let the cookies bake..

Reactions: blodg1
I am also a current plaid+ reservation holder. I reserve the car the min it was announced. What also Tesla need to realise is this.

The Original reservation was for plaid s then they started calling it plaid plus. Then they raise the price of plaid s from 120k to 130k not to forget the locked in price of FSD also with original reservation.

So now basically they want us to buy it for $10k less or more like 8k less consider fsd is now 10k not 8k. And We not getting the battery structure design no 4680s no 520 + Miles of range... How is Plaid S good enough ???

Oh and the argument of 390 miles is enough lol Common we all know 390 mile is not realistic range and given the degredation of the battery after a year or 15k.. and depending on climate the range is more like 300 even if that :) Now people who argue you never go about 250 miles non stop.. Tesla recommend to only charge battery to 90 % most of the time too :)

Well I have I go from SF to LA which is about 340 miles.

Also what is good about 500+ Mile range if say i5 is blocked because of what ever reason or you hit traffic have all that extra buffer still :) dont have to get off the freeway to supercharge.

Anyhow back to the discussion I think Plaid+ owner should be getting the 120k price not 130k and also they should give the autopilot price which was 8k not 10k

Reactions: msm859
I just got a call from Fremont, they offered me a Plaid for $10k more with a $2k discount on FSD, which I politely declined with a message about how if I’d given Tesla $100 last week it would’ve locked in $120k, but if I gave them $1000 for 9 months, I pay $130k? Not cool.

After a bit of a discussion he’d said that he was collecting feedback to deliver to senior management, I told him I’d buy immediately at the previous price, but would wait it out and see what the market offers over the next year or two if they’re gonna try to stick me for $10k. He said he had a list of feedback, so hopefully it makes an impact.