Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ reservation holders: what is Tesla telling you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh hey, look at that.. they even updated
UPDATE - My order is now showing the price as $10K less than today's price, with my order updated to Plaid instead of Plaid+ and the Yoke steering added. So looks like they are allowing the price from 2 weeks ago (i.e. 10K lower), but still have the FSD at 10k instead of 8k.
Oh hey, look at that.. they even updated the image with renders of the actual refresh model!

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 3.58.47 PM.png

Reactions: bhzmark
LOL, same as everyone else, my original order was converted, so I now have two reservations. I called the person who helped me put in the new order last week, and they said the new one is in a priority queue, and to stick with it, but that they were able to add FSD for $8k.

Correction/update: they are adding fsd for $10k and applying a $2k discount. /shrug as far as why it works that way but whatever.

Where are you guys seeing your FSD price? Is it on your MVOP? Has it been updated to Plaid pricing at $119k base?
Never mind, I completed the "registration" task (which I had previously for the Plaid+ but I guess this was reset after the conversion to Plaid) and my account now shows the price breakdown. Yup, FSD at $10,000. Need to get that fixed.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 5.32.40 PM.png

As all of you here, my order automatically converted some time today from Plaid+ to Plaid and reflects the correct price, i.e., pre-price increase. I am showing a July delivery date. A big thank you to everyone on this forum for the support and helping to get us all over this speed bump. As an update, I have yet to hear from the Tesla Loyalty Program representative after the meeting they were supposed to hold on Tuesday. A gigantic thanks to whoever it was that tweeted about this issue to Elon and a gigantic thank you to Elon as well for making this right once it came to his attention.

Awesome guys, same here! One more thing to make sure your SA changes is the increased cost of white interior. Your MVOA should have the older $1500 price locked in. My updated res as of today shows $10k FSD and $2k White interior fee

My order has finally been changed in the account page. A couple questions for you guys:

1. For some reason my interior trim is now carbon fiber instead of wood like I wanted, but if I try to edit the design I get slapped with the $10k FSD instead of $8k FSD like my order originally had. How do I change it?

2. If I want to wait a bit before taking delivery, is it sufficient to just delay the online profile steps and that will essentially hold my place in line? Is there a limit as to how long I can wait?

My order has finally been changed in the account page. A couple questions for you guys:

1. For some reason my interior trim is now carbon fiber instead of wood like I wanted, but if I try to edit the design I get slapped with the $10k FSD instead of $8k FSD like my order originally had. How do I change it?

2. If I want to wait a bit before taking delivery, is it sufficient to just delay the online profile steps and that will essentially hold my place in line? Is there a limit as to how long I can wait?

Be careful changing your order, I've read previous account of SAs that can't change it to the previous price if you've reconfigured your car at all. They make it sound like a one way street

I had the same issue, Mine was showing carbon fiber instead of Walnut decor I had my Sales Advisor work with corportate and they got it fixed for me Do NOT change it yourself have them do it.

I am not sure about how long can you can wait, I would think you can wait though as you can say You are still working on financing with third party or shopping around.

On the other hand I have a question for you guys. So I am going with 19inch wheel instead of 21. Because seems like there is going to be a separate Performance wheel and tire package late this year which will be able to do 200mph.

So why pay for 21inch now which will have to be replaced anyways so I am sticking to 19inch. According to My sales there is no difference in brakes or any other thing if you do 19 to 21 is that right ?

Now I already have all my finances lined up hope I can get a delivery in June given I am in bay area and have reservation from battery day.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeofURL
On the other hand I have a question for you guys. So I am going with 19inch wheel instead of 21. Because seems like there is going to be a separate Performance wheel and tire package late this year which will be able to do 200mph.

So why pay for 21inch now which will have to be replaced anyways so I am sticking to 19inch. According to My sales there is no difference in brakes or any other thing if you do 19 to 21 is that right ?
Totally with you on 19" versus 21" wheels, I ordered my P85D with 19's and did again with Plaid (-> Plaid+ -> Plaid lol). Mostly for ride comfort and to avoid flats, but also to have winter/all-season versus summer/track sets of wheels & tires.

I am pretty sure the brake calipers, rotors and pads are identical on all Plaid models produced, regardless of what wheels were ordered. This has been previously true of all Tesla performance models.

I'll also say that if you plan on tracking the car, you should seriously consider upgrading the brakes, regardless of wheel size ordered. At the minimum, new rotors and pads.

Tesla is notorious for putting sub-par brakes on their monster cars, and the Plaid looks to be no exception. There was a link in the delivery thread (impossible for me to find now..) to a Taycan forum where a professional driver had driven the Plaid and praised it on all aspect, except the brakes: "absolute crap" or something equivalent.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I got a similar email and spoke to my local rep/manager. According to them, they received an email from corporate - FSD and other items— the original pricing will be honored when final payment is due 72 hours before delivery.

Hopefully that’s how it will be....

Attachments

• 1D554EAC-B226-4338-BBBF-45F226B23995.jpeg
    1D554EAC-B226-4338-BBBF-45F226B23995.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0