Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid S Delayed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed mine on 02/27. Are these EDD assigned automatically in your account? Mine just read "Prepare for delivery" without any dates or anything. I did get the 4 to 8 weeks EDD message while placing the order and that was it!
Correct, the EDD's are assigned automatically. In your case, being your delivery locale involves more effort on Tesla's part. It would seem they haven't come up with EDD for you yet. The "prepare for delivery" is the generic term for them, usually asking for more information in some cases.
Let us know if you get any update changes.

• Informative
Reactions: ramirj2 and B-lon
Correct, the EDD's are assigned automatically. In your case, being your delivery locale involves more effort on Tesla's part. It would seem they haven't come up with EDD for you yet. The "prepare for delivery" is the generic term for them, usually asking for more information in some cases.
Let us know if you get any update changes.

I didn't see his location, good catch and this is solid advice. I had assumed it was the top of page generic "prep for delivery" message when you have selected cash.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
I didn't see his location, good catch and this is solid advice. I had assumed it was the top of page generic "prep for delivery" message when you have selected cash.
His was the first I've seen going to Puerto Rico. It was a bit of an assumption on my behalf. But seeing the daily difficulties that Tesla has with run of the mill logistics, it seemed to be the most viable answer.
I decided to order a Plaid simply due to not wanting to be strung any longer with my MS LR order. You can see how that worked out.😂

Ordered mine (Red/19wheels) 0n 2/24. got an EDD of 15Jun-15July that then changed 5 days later to March 30-31 and then changed this morning to Jun16-July14, while on the order site for a S Plaid it still says 4-8 weeks. bit of a bait and switch.

Ordered mine (Red/19wheels) 0n 2/24. got an EDD of 15Jun-15July that then changed 5 days later to March 30-31 and then changed this morning to Jun16-July14, while on the order site for a S Plaid it still says 4-8 weeks. bit of a bait and switch.
Tesla's concept of EDD seems to be more of a mental test for their customers, then a true date of any consequence.
I placed a order at the end of June for a MS LR. My first EDD was in September. Here I sit with a current EDD of 4/2-4/30 since January. I have so much confidence in that EDD I ordered a Plaid thinking I'd get it sooner. Same company, same results so far.

The tool Tesla uses to calculate EDDs sometimes will default you to an EDD as if you had placed the order just as the calculation is run. So if you get a date that's way out, I'd just give it a few more days before taking it seriously. :)

Soft match is an internal date (your SA can access it and tell you) for when you are projected to be matched to a VIN.
Ah, thanks. All three SA's I have spoken with in the past three weeks have said first two weeks of March looking at some other system. They said I've completed all info I can do. Maybe that's the soft match. Though it is the 7th and nothing yet. Lol. Whatever...

Well they slipped me again. March 8-20 -> March 12-26. Ordered Dec 4th for God's sake. All account info complete. Paying cash from day 1. Red, fully loaded. This ED system is not a good thing. I have to think they really are waiting on a batch of Red. I didn't know it was so unpopular.

Well they slipped me again. March 8-20 -> March 12-26. Ordered Dec 4th for God's sake. All account info complete. Paying cash from day 1. Red, fully loaded. This ED system is not a good thing. I have to think they really are waiting on a batch of Red. I didn't know it was so unpopular.
It’s been the 6th time for me. When you get to that date, it gets pushed out again 2-3 days later.