Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid S Delayed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now the configurator is moving the estimated delivery on a new order to June 2022, instead of the 4-10 weeks window and the original 4-8 weeks.
My reservation still shows "Prepare for Delivery" whatever it means.
Well at least I hope it will be faster that the waiting list on a BMW M3 I have been in since July 2021 with a deposit and no allocations...

Just got a call from a Tesla store in Ohio. Was offered a match to my Plaid order, but would have to come there to pick it up.
I had just noticed earlier today, the shipping option is no longer on the site for new cars. She also stated I wasn't the first call she made after the original order customer could not take delivery. I suspect since I have a pre-price increase order I was pushed down the list. EOQ push is a real thing at the dealer level.
Had to decline the offer as I didn't have the time to drop everything and head out to Ohio.
Maybe someone else here picked up my slack.;)

Just got a call from a Tesla store in Ohio. Was offered a match to my Plaid order, but would have to come there to pick it up.
I had just noticed earlier today, the shipping option is no longer on the site for new cars. She also stated I wasn't the first call she made after the original order customer could not take delivery. I suspect since I have a pre-price increase order I was pushed down the list. EOQ push is a real thing at the dealer level.
Had to decline the offer as I didn't have the time to drop everything and head out to Ohio.
Maybe someone else here picked up my slack.;)
That may have been me lol. I picked up in Cleveland for a build similar to mine. Wht/WHT 19s. I wanted black interior but just jumped and took the risk. Car is awesome with minor issues. I do have that slight acceleration shudder, but nothing really noticeable. Hell when going that fast I'm not even focusing on the shudder lol.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
That may have been me lol. I picked up in Cleveland for a build similar to mine. Wht/WHT 19s. I wanted black interior but just jumped and took the risk. Car is awesome with minor issues. I do have that slight acceleration shudder, but nothing really noticeable. Hell when going that fast I'm not even focusing on the shudder lol.
This was an exact match to our order White/Black 19's, but it was in Cincinnati. I got the call in the evening.
Well at least your wait is over. Much luck with your Plaid.

Ive always thought that was simply traction control on the front end fighting for traction as the front end gets lighter due to g force