Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid tire failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model S Plaid had a right rear blowout at 5,000 miles on the sidewall. Tesla Service could not help me as they did not have the Model S Plaid tires in Stock. They also refused to tow my vehicle back to my home state even if I paid for the difference. I called Michelin Corp. direct and was told that they were out nationwide and that they did not plan to make more of these tires until later in the year. Does anyone know where I can purchase 21" tires made for my 2022 Tesla Model S. Plaid? [email protected]. John a5 561-351-3252.

I would highly recommend up to 0.1 toe IN as the suspension now has a lot of rubber bushings that actually twist into a toe OUT around curves. Makes the rear a bit squirrelly
Good point, but needs to be weighed against the additional toe-in pulling effect during acceleration, forcing your toe to 0.2 or worse. Also, any static toe will cause extra wear on every tire revolution.