Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid tires separate at 6K miles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my rear tires separate at 6K miles and no warranty from Tesla. I gave about 6 different people a ride of acceleration over a couple of summer months. The service center told me because of the weight of the car, when the tires grab, something has to give. Well, why advertise how quick the car can go and later find out that, don't do it, unless you like spending a lot of money on new tires all the time. I have a 2021 Plaid. I say people like me buy the car for the acceleration. Anyway, someone find a tire that will hold together better than the stock ones? Next time I have to buy tires, I guess I should buy at a tire shop. At least they give a warranty on them.

You've created a thread on something that already has an extensive thread; please post pictures there as Michelin is investigating this issue, with a hopeful recall:

In your pictures please also include the tire's DOT ID number to help provide more details on the tires.

Thanks!

Reactions: roocher and byeLT4
Anyway, someone find a tire that will hold together better than the stock ones?

PS4S are the best tire on the market for street use. The car doesn't allow for rear camber adjustment and that's where the issue originates from. Buy adjustable arms and then have the car aligned in the low suspension setting and your problems will go away.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
You've created a thread on something that already has an extensive thread; please post pictures there as Michelin is investigating this issue, with a hopeful recall:

In your pictures please also include the tire's DOT ID number to help provide more details on the tires.

Thanks!
Its somewhat comforting to know that I am not the only one. Thanks for making me aware.

After 10K on the OEM tires...

Attachments

• 20221126_141128.jpg
    20221126_141128.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC