Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Track Mode is Amazing!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't even know how to start this... I was honestly starting to become somewhat bored with my Plaid and was contemplating selling it. Then this latest update was dropped, I honestly had low expectations for it, wasn't really impressed with any of the other releases. But this is a game changer. Track Mode is absolutely incredibly amazing beyond anything I could have ever imagined for a software update!

When I say this, I am not saying this lightly... IT COMPLETELY TRANSFORMS THE CAR into a track weapon on rails. I'm talking, it's as if I handed $25k to a performance shop and ask them to give me a racing suspension and steering setup. It no longer wanders under hard acceleration, and the same for braking. It corners with near zero body roll now, I mean, it's like driving an M3 or a GTR now. I don't know how they did it, but even the brakes are vastly improved! Steering is so much more on point. It's like driving a go-kart now. The cornering is unbelievable. Anyone with a Plaid out there needs to seriously try this ASAP. It's like having three cars in one now. A luxury cruiser, a drag racer, and now a track car. I've never been as impressed with this car as I am now, even more than the day I picked it up, it's like a whole new car. And this is coming from a guy that's owned three McLarens and a bunch of other fast track stuff. I think all this car needs now are just some racing pads and better fluid, you may be able to get away with not needing CCBs, it's that improved.

This is 100% exactly my take on the update.
What absolutely BLEW my mind when I was headed back into the neighborhood I switched off track mode on a bumpy(ish) road, and the car literally transformed into a Cadillac, suddenly the tires got quiet and the car settled down. It was like I stripped off $25k worth of suspension off the car with the tap of the screen.

Fair warning though. I put the car in drift mode, and went into a drift, the car came around much faster than I thought ( I was 100% throttle position), and was hoping to run it out when it spun 180 and rolled backwards. This caused one of the motors to (disable) and the car would not move. I tried a MCU reboot I tried everything to get the car to go into gear. Nothing would work EXCEPT:

Power off the car on the screen if you get a disabled motor. It will turn back on as if nothing happened.

Attachments

• IMG_5197.jpeg
    IMG_5197.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 511
I think all this car needs now are just some racing pads and better fluid, you may be able to get away with not needing CCBs, it's that improved.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but what I'm saying is you may not need it with the latest updates if you simply upgrade the pads and fluid. The regen is so powerful now, the brakes feel way better and require less clamping force to stop the same distance.

Reactions: bhzmark
I can't wait to really test it out. I got the download and went for a spin but then we got 6 inches of snow in Nashville. I traded my RS6 Avant for the Plaid having never driven a Tesla. A bit of a leap but in the 3 weeks I've owned it we did a 1300 road trip and I absolutely love it. Looking forward to more adventures, especially now with Track Mode.

Those are for street showing off. Real track duty will eat them up so therefore big steel disc is the way.

I don't even know how to start this... I was honestly starting to become somewhat bored with my Plaid and was contemplating selling it. Then this latest update was dropped, I honestly had low expectations for it, wasn't really impressed with any of the other releases. But this is a game changer. Track Mode is absolutely incredibly amazing beyond anything I could have ever imagined for a software update!

When I say this, I am not saying this lightly... IT COMPLETELY TRANSFORMS THE CAR into a track weapon on rails. I'm talking, it's as if I handed $25k to a performance shop and ask them to give me a racing suspension and steering setup. It no longer wanders under hard acceleration, and the same for braking. It corners with near zero body roll now, I mean, it's like driving an M3 or a GTR now. I don't know how they did it, but even the brakes are vastly improved! Steering is so much more on point. It's like driving a go-kart now. The cornering is unbelievable. Anyone with a Plaid out there needs to seriously try this ASAP. It's like having three cars in one now. A luxury cruiser, a drag racer, and now a track car. I've never been as impressed with this car as I am now, even more than the day I picked it up, it's like a whole new car. And this is coming from a guy that's owned three McLarens and a bunch of other fast track stuff. I think all this car needs now are just some racing pads and better fluid, you may be able to get away with not needing CCBs, it's that improved.
do you have 21" or 19" and is it the same width on both tires i know the wheel width is same?