Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat and I’ve been through 5 Teslas in 2.5 years (currently own 2). I have to say that the BMW i7 has me really tempted (I do realize that is in no way a plaid replacement). It seems like another week another creak from the car in a new spot.
I had three since 2019. Down to just this vibrating Plaid. Why did I hold on to the plaid? The 3 and MYP I sold for what paid for them new at the time. The Plaid is a depreciating bitch and I didn’t want to take a huge loss. Added a Rivian R1T and haven’t looked back!
@scrapps

I had three since 2019. Down to just this vibrating Plaid. Why did I hold on to the plaid? The 3 and MYP I sold for what paid for them new at the time. The Plaid is a depreciating bitch and I didn’t want to take a huge loss. Added a Rivian R1T and haven’t looked back!
@scrapps
Let's see what the new tri motor Taycan is like! Though, they need to add autopilot. I use it a lot.

My factory PZeros are starting to make some noise though, they probably have about 8k miles on them since I had winters on for a while. Hopefully I don’t encounter what you all have had
You have a 202 Plaid that came from the factory with Pirelli P Zero tires?

1668183565241.png

Let's see what the new tri motor Taycan is like! Though, they need to add autopilot. I use it a lot.
I considered the Taycan several times, but the lack of "sedan" comfort, charging infrastructure, and locality of dealer (1 hour away in Baton Rouge) couldn't be overcome for me. That being said, lately Tesla has been pretty adamant that nearly every service needs to go back to the Service Center (2 hours away in New Orleans). If Tesla keeps chipping away at the few things that keeps me, well, they won't keep me.

Reactions: nilesborg
An update:

Drove on 2022.36.6 for the first time this week. Vibration is exactly the same. I then switched out my 21” stockers for the Tesla package of 19” Tempest with the Pirelli PZERO Winters and drove on those for the first time tonight. Vibration is the same (as expected) but wow these are good tires. Full Cheetah launch in 38 degree weather with zero tire chirp or being held back. Very nice.

TLDR: Vibration sucks, and continues to suck.

I drove my wife's S yesterday and the vibration in my Plaid is most certainly an issue. It is amazing what you can slowly get used to and ignore (a lot like a frog in warming water).

What is the current state of affairs with Tesla on this issue? What should I expect stopping by the service center and enquiring about it?

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne and jebinc
I drove my wife's S yesterday and the vibration in my Plaid is most certainly an issue. It is amazing what you can slowly get used to and ignore (a lot like a frog in warming water).

What is the current state of affairs with Tesla on this issue? What should I expect stopping by the service center and enquiring about it?

Absolutely nothing. Service center will say it is normal. I was there a few weeks ago.

Reactions: aerodyne

Current state with Tesla remains the same, ignoring it and telling everyone it’s “normal”.

Yeah. They say a 1000 HP car should expect some "vibrations". Neglecting that the 700 HP base Model S also has the vibrations, and my previous 700 HP P90DL did not have.
Well that's simple isn't it. The P90DL had a different kind of 700HP. An older kind. Not the same as the... uh... new 700HPs of the third decade of the 2000s. Very different. Air is thicker. Larger population so air isn't displaced the same way. You really can't compare...

These posts are really upsetting. I’ve owned 4 model S since 2014. My Plaid vibrates like it’s been described. I’ve brought the plaid in several times for the same reason (vibration). Last visit I went without my plaid for close to 3 weeks without a resolution.