Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BBA2DCB9-29D9-43BE-9C1E-5B1CD7968B29.jpeg
12876F72-76E5-4ADC-B853-850025424380.jpeg
A little howl from the non TO tires. 295/30-21 all around. Will see if that persists after scrub in. No perceptible vibration at any speed.

Reactions: xEvoLveDx
Can attest I have no vibration. VIN 442***. Tried cruising on my local roads in the 35-45 MPH range but could not replicate the vibration. Seems more likely to be a tire mount/balance issue that can be readily resolved.
Right. And I can’t imagine the vibration is more annoying than that blasted high-pitched sound from the motors at around 65-70mph cruising. Does. My. Head. In.

Perhaps this is the default statement until they figure it out. Who knows....
LR 21" wheels delivered Aug 18th: immediately noticed exact same vibration being discussed here (starts ~40mph under moderate acceleration.)

Took the car to the Costa Mesa SC to fix the vibration issue (as well as a list of other problems discovered within the first 1-2 weeks of taking delivery.) Hard to believe, but I was advised early on that this vibration is actually normal and there is nothing wrong with the car. I told them that is unacceptable, so they eventually balanced the wheels, replaced both half shafts, torqued suspension to spec, checked front drive unit mounts, and performed an alignment. 2 1/2 weeks later, and none of these have resolved the issue.

SC called today and said to come pick up the car: vibration is still present, but apparently there is nothing further they can/are willing to do. Longtime Tesla owner, but super disappointed in the company and service right now.

LR 21" wheels delivered Aug 18th: immediately noticed exact same vibration being discussed here (starts ~40mph under moderate acceleration.)

Took the car to the Costa Mesa SC to fix the vibration issue (as well as a list of other problems discovered within the first 1-2 weeks of taking delivery.) Hard to believe, but I was advised early on that this vibration is actually normal and there is nothing wrong with the car. I told them that is unacceptable, so they eventually balanced the wheels, replaced both half shafts, torqued suspension to spec, checked front drive unit mounts, and performed an alignment. 2 1/2 weeks later, and none of these have resolved the issue.

SC called today and said to come pick up the car: vibration is still present, but apparently there is nothing further they can/are willing to do. Longtime Tesla owner, but super disappointed in the company and service right now.
I can relate. This is my 5th Tesla and the only one where I have experienced this issue. Normal my ass.....

After my fourth visit to the TSC, still no resolution to the vibration problem. The service advisor acknowledges the Plaid has a known problem and I was informed the Tesla engineers are working on a solution. I was told "the car is drivable, live with it".