Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that the SvC's have re-balanced wheels, however, I don't think that precludes a problem with runout or other wheel defect. I know it's not convenient, but could one of you try a different wheelset? Especially since you can't swap front to back.

I know that the SvC's have re-balanced wheels, however, I don't think that precludes a problem with runout or other wheel defect. I know it's not convenient, but could one of you try a different wheelset? Especially since you can't swap front to back.

Just switched from OEM 21" to 20" wheel an A/S tires. Road forced balanced. Still have same vibration.

• Informative
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
Don’t post here much but wanted to share some good news. Happy to report that my vibration in my Plaid is gone! My service center did an excellent job diagnosing and finding/fixing the issue. I drove it a few times to confirm it is actually gone and not just some weird subliminal thing in my head, and sure enough, it is!

Had the same annoying and subtle vibration everyone is talking about here in yoke and sometimes pedal too. They first tried to balance the wheels and when that didn’t work, replaced the front halfshafts, which appears to be the remedy. Will post a pic from the invoice in a bit (it’s in the app on my phone and I’m on my iPad) showing what was done so others can take it to their service centers for this fix.

AD106499-D2BF-4E2E-BCBB-34526D40A272.jpeg

Don’t post here much but wanted to share some good news. Happy to report that my vibration in my Plaid is gone! My service center did an excellent job diagnosing and finding/fixing the issue. I drove it a few times to confirm it is actually gone and not just some weird subliminal thing in my head, and sure enough, it is!

Had the same annoying and subtle vibration everyone is talking about here in yoke and sometimes pedal too. They first tried to balance the wheels and when that didn’t work, replaced the front halfshafts, which appears to be the remedy. Will post a pic from the invoice in a bit (it’s in the app on my phone and I’m on my iPad) showing what was done so others can take it to their service centers for this fix.
Thank you so much for posting this information. My bastard Plaid will go back in for this procedure on 11/17.

I’ve been watching this thread closely. I had a Pre refresh 2021 model x with the shudder. Then they replaced the half shafts with the “permanent fix new parts” on the 3rd repair. The shudder was gone but this really weird vibration crept in at the same speeds you all are facing. I sold the car and got most of my money back.

Point being, I was going to order a Plaid in April but I may wait to see how this shakes out.

I’ve been watching this thread closely. I had a Pre refresh 2021 model x with the shudder. Then they replaced the half shafts with the “permanent fix new parts” on the 3rd repair. The shudder was gone but this really weird vibration crept in at the same speeds you all are facing. I sold the car and got most of my money back.

Point being, I was going to order a Plaid in April but I may wait to see how this shakes out.
“Shakes out,” you’re a funny guy! 🤣

@Rbats If I may ask, how long was your car in the shop and was it just one visit? Did they have the parts in stock, or did you have to wait and come back after the parts arrived?

They had the parts in stock. Diagnosed and fixed in one visit though they did keep the car overnight as they were busy. Drove it today and still no vibration - fingers crossed!!

• Helpful
Reactions: scrapps and jebinc