Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your roads aren’t smooth as glass and you don’t cruise around 42mph - you likely won’t notice it. I suspect most people won’t notice it anyway, - which doesn’t make it any less annoying, let me tell you.
Once you feel/sense it, there is no undoing it... Very annoying. So much so, I will be taking my MYP on a trip this week, rather than the bastard Plaid.

Reactions: WilliamG
400 miles in and don't feel what you guys are but I've always felt it to shake when first driving. As if the tires or something else needs to smooth out or warm up. Will report back when I start feeling the padel issue. One thing I suggest is change your shoes, yes I know it sounds silly but if that is what it takes to remove that vibration so be it.

I saw the verified solution replacing the halfshafts a day ago, scheduled a service appointment immediately even though I might have to part with this fantastic car for a day or more,
Call me crazy but I got version 2021.36.8.6 installed this morning and the vibrations are gone for me. I tested it on a newly paved road where I usually notice it the most, nothing. Trying to reproduce it for 15 minutes, once or twice at 43mph I thought I felt something but it was worn down asphalt so was probably regular vibrations from the road.
The only other thing I can think of except the software version is that the temperature is 45 F and below in the mornings during the last 3 days where I live in CT, could that affect the half shafts? will try later today when it's in the 60s.
I have the Plaid and driven 4800 miles with this issue since I got it Sept 1st, I've never failed to reproduce it around 40mph. I'll definitely post if I notice vibrations again.

I saw the verified solution replacing the halfshafts a day ago, scheduled a service appointment immediately even though I might have to part with this fantastic car for a day or more,
Call me crazy but I got version 2021.36.8.6 installed this morning and the vibrations are gone for me. I tested it on a newly paved road where I usually notice it the most, nothing. Trying to reproduce it for 15 minutes, once or twice at 43mph I thought I felt something but it was worn down asphalt so was probably regular vibrations from the road.
The only other thing I can think of except the software version is that the temperature is 45 F and below in the mornings during the last 3 days where I live in CT, could that affect the half shafts? will try later today when it's in the 60s.
I have the Plaid and driven 4800 miles with this issue since I got it Sept 1st, I've never failed to reproduce it around 40mph. I'll definitely post if I notice vibrations again.
It definitely goes away and comes back. It’s strange that way.

For me, it comes and goes from drive to drive, @Jonas_CT
@WilliamG

Reactions: WilliamG
I assure you, I don’t have even the hint of vibration at any speed or throttle position.
If you have 19's it definitely gets to a point where its barely noticeable. For those of us who know what to look for, we can still feel it on
Same, I noticed the same thing. The vibration is almost gone on this new firmware. I'll see if it continues. But so far I'm blaming the cold weather.

Last edited:
If you have 19's it definitely gets to a point where its barely noticeable. For those of us who know what to look for, we can still feel it on

Same, I noticed the same thing. The vibration is almost gone on this new firmware. I'll see if it continues. But so far I'm blaming the cold weather.
Interesting.... Always felt more electrical than mechanical to me....

Vibration is still there, does seem to be slightly better but I think its in my mind.

Reactions: smf72