Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have 19's it definitely gets to a point where its barely noticeable. For those of us who know what to look for, we can still feel it on

Same, I noticed the same thing. The vibration is almost gone on this new firmware. I'll see if it continues. But so far I'm blaming the cold weather.
Sad to report this morning, vibrations are back sort of, I used other shoes yesterday with thicker soles, must be that. I’m losing my mind but have found new driving shoes I guess

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier and cytranic

Thanks again, @Rbats for this information. I just returned from the SC with my vibration fix -

1) Gen 2 half shafts
2) 4 wheel air suspension alignment
3) Rebalance all four wheels

Invoice, with P/Ns, attached for posterity. I'm mildly hopeful the vibration will not return; just mildly...

@WilliamG
009A7BC0-B83C-442B-B4AD-3493D0A0AA47.jpeg
3A08790A-9B7E-4769-8636-8DB7A7DE1D3A.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Phlier and theatrus
Thanks again, @Rbats for this information. I just returned from the SC with my vibration fix -

1) Gen 2 half shafts
2) 4 wheel air suspension alignment
3) Rebalance all four wheels

Invoice, with P/Ns, attached for posterity. I'm mildly hopeful the vibration will not return; just mildly...

@WilliamGView attachment 732407View attachment 732408

Just replied to you on another post but this is great to hear! I know you are skeptical (rightfully so) if this fix will “stick”, but I can tell you I’ve not had the vibration for 2 weeks after they changed the half shafts on mine. Fingers still crossed!

Here’s hoping this is the permanent fix! Now I need this new ANC firmware update!

Just replied to you on another post but this is great to hear! I know you are skeptical (rightfully so) if this fix will “stick”, but I can tell you I’ve not had the vibration for 2 weeks after they changed the half shafts on mine. Fingers still crossed!

Here’s hoping this is the permanent fix! Now I need this new ANC firmware update!

Hear, hear, @Rbats !
@WilliamG

I have a June built Plaid and was one of the first people to point out this vibration and the crap brakes. My car also vibrates when I'm in Plaid mode at full throttle. When it's in Sport mode its smooth. At first I thought it might have been the traction control but after driving the car on different roads and in different conditions I think it's the same vibration I feel from 38-63mph.
I haven't heard of anyone lese getting the vibration on WOT in the Plaid other than me.

I have a June built Plaid and was one of the first people to point out this vibration and the crap brakes. My car also vibrates when I'm in Plaid mode at full throttle. When it's in Sport mode its smooth. At first I thought it might have been the traction control but after driving the car on different roads and in different conditions I think it's the same vibration I feel from 38-63mph.
I haven't heard of anyone lese getting the vibration on WOT in the Plaid other than me.
That's an interesting point, have people tested for vibration in chill and sport mode, or just in Plaid? If it's hardware, the symptoms should be the same on gentle accel from 38-42 in any mode.

Reactions: jebinc