Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They replaced my half shafts today. They said Engineering knows it’s an issue with Plaids and as of now, this is the only remedy they can perform. Ifit doesn’t fix the vibration, as of now, they have to characterize it as a normal characteristic of the Plaid. I’ll just cross my fingers it takes care of the vibration permanently. If not, so long as it doesn’t get worse, I can live with it. It is not extremely perceptible in my car. I’m hoping with the new half shafts, I won’t be able to feel it at all and it stays that way. I pick the car up tomorrow.
Let us know when the vibration returns. The over/under is around 5 days. ;)

Welp, that was short lived. Vibration is back after 6 days albeit not as bad as it was previously. I just hope that it doesn't get any worse than it is now or I will be selling this mofo.
Oh, it will (get worse)…. Mine only lasted four days, ao you got 50 percent more “vibration free” days than I did! What shite.

@WilliamG

Consider asking Munro and associates to look into this. They are starting their Plaid tear down, so they could do a little detective work for us. I commented on their thread on behalf of the MSLR folks, like me. and then did one for this Plaid thread. See
i saw Sandy at an event and asked him about this and he did not experience it, at that time, in his white plaid they were driving around the country. so not sure if it cropped up after i saw him before the holidays. hopefully it did.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and Wilber
Consider asking Munro and associates to look into this. They are starting their Plaid tear down, so they could do a little detective work for us. I commented on their thread on behalf of the MSLR folks, like me. and then did one for this Plaid thread. See
Yeah I emailed them and they responded back pretty quick. Good guys overthere. He does have the whistling noise at 79MPH but they don't know whats causing it yet.

Reactions: Wilber and jebinc
A google search brought up a similar problem in the Raven models and that a workaround was to manually keep the suspension in the “low” setting. Has anyone tried this with the refresh and if so has it stopped the vibration?
Different type of vibration issue on prior model (was/is referred to as the “shuttering” issue); and doing this (low suspension setting) has zero effect on the refreshed S/Plaid vibration issue.

@WilliamG

Reactions: luginewo
When I'm doing around 38-42 mph and slightly press the accelerator I get vibration on the wheel and in the car. It almost feels like you've shifted in 5th gear on an ICE car and its slowly bogging down the motor. Of course if you press harder you don't get the vibration. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Anything before or after this speed doesn't have this issue. I'm wondering if the motors are not in sync at the speed?
Half shafts?