Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if the 2022s and recent builds still have the vibration issue, or is this affliction limited to 2021s? Key piece of data that is very much needed.
they were not able to fix the shuddering issue for 8 years during different modifications of S/X. I highly doubt they will be fixing the new issue that fast or even ever. Probably next-gen will be better, but the question "will be there new GEN of S/X?"

Reactions: mswlogo and jebinc
they were not able to fix the shuddering issue for 8 years during different modifications of S/X. I highly doubt they will be fixing the new issue that fast or even ever. Probably next-gen will be better, but the question "will be there new GEN of S/X?"
Well, interestingly this is a different vibration than the last generation shuddering. It's not under hard acceleration. It's only under light acceleration, within specific speed ranges.

Reactions: jebinc
You can't predict the timing for a solution to a new problem based on how long it took to solve a different problem.

You can't predict the timing for a solution to a new problem based on how long it took to solve a different problem.
You are right, but what I can say for sure - is that Tesla doesn't care about what you all think or want :) They have already stated this is a normal operation for refreshed S :)

And yeah, the previous problem was not solved. Replacing shafts only giving you some time to enjoy smooth ride, but later everything is back

Tbh if you are really annoyed by this issue I think you have a couple of ways - sell the car or try to do lemon. Trying to fix it yourself only causes time-wasting and emotional damage (lol).
3rd option is to try to ignore it and live with it. I took 3rd option, but I have really small vibrations which are noticeable when it is cold outside. Also, I have ordered Rivian and will trade in Plaid for it when it will be ready. I decided to go this way because having a long history of dealing with tesla service centers and customer support, I don't want to spend any time on it anymore.

Tbh if you are really annoyed by this issue I think you have a couple of ways - sell the car or try to do lemon. Trying to fix it yourself only causes time-wasting and emotional damage (lol).
3rd option is to try to ignore it and live with it. I took 3rd option, but I have really small vibrations which are noticeable when it is cold outside. Also, I have ordered Rivian and will trade in Plaid for it when it will be ready. I decided to go this way because having a long history of dealing with tesla service centers and customer support, I don't want to spend any time on it anymore.
Can’t do a lemon 🍋 if the OEM deems the issue normal. Fact.

How is that possible? They could call everything "normal" and the lemon law would be useless. What does your lawyer say?
You would likely have to sue, but that runs into problems like the class action suit about the yellowing screens that was recently dismissed: Tesla Yellow Touchscreen Lawsuit Dismissed

The plaintiff does not plausibly allege the yellow band around the touchscreen made the Tesla unsafe or unreliable, and the judge says the yellow border doesn't cause a problem when driving the vehicle: "Instead, the allegations are bare assertions that do not plausibly allege that the yellow band made the car unsafe, unreliable, or inoperable." — Judge James C. Dever, III

Does the vibration make the car "unsafe, unreliable, or inoperable?"

Your implying the last problem was solved. It never was.

It sounds like a harmonic type issue. I’m sure there are feedback circuits that make changes to torque at certain rates. Perhaps at the rate of vibrations (or some multiple) under low accel. Could be feedback loops are perfectly out of sync between the front and rear drive. Those feedback loops are probably in a complete different mode (update rate) under hard acceleration.

It could also be a harmonic between these feedback loops and the motor mounts.

Too bad there is no Track mode so you could play with bias.

I wonder if you could trick it to disable the front or rear drive unit. Just to test it.

Changing heights etc. changes the harmonics.

Last edited:
Your implying the last problem was solved. It never was.

It sounds like a harmonic type issue. I’m sure there are feedback circuits that make changes to torque at certain rates. Perhaps at the rate of vibrations (or some multiple) under low accel. Could be feedback loops are perfectly out of sync between the front and rear drive. Those feedback loops are probably in a complete different mode (update rate) under hard acceleration.

It could also be a harmonic between these feedback loops and the motor mounts.

Too bad there is no Track mode so you could play with bias.

I wonder if you could trick it to disable the front or rear drive unit. Just to test it.

Changing heights etc. changes the harmonics.

It's not a harmonic issue. I can feel the vibration in the pedal and the yoke.

It's not a harmonic issue. I can feel the vibration in the pedal and the yoke.

That's just because the shaking of the shafts transfers to every single suspension component including the steering rack. That said, if the vibration is from out of balance shafts the vibration won't be as bad as if the source of the vibration are bent CV splines causing a constant differential in rotational velocity between the cv halves which will translate directly to the steering rack.