Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the rattle almost like a roar when accelerating? I’m just starting to notice in plaid mode, when accelerating that the car is making a rattle/roar sound when really pushing hard on accelerator in front left. Above 50. Not the normal vibration.
No it was a clunking noise when going over any part of the road that required the suspension to move, at any speed, under any or no acceleration/deceleration.

Was the rattle almost like a roar when accelerating? I’m just starting to notice in plaid mode, when accelerating that the car is making a rattle/roar sound when really pushing hard on accelerator in front left. Above 50. Not the normal vibration.
Does your issue sound like this?
If so it's not the vibration issue people are complaining about here. This was my car and they replace my half shafts.

And coming our way soon!

More than likely! As an update, I still find Medium suspension height provides noticeably less vibration in the 35-50mph region, though the issue is that the car doesn't revert to Medium all that quickly after you travel highway speeds (where it automatically switches to Low) and I can always tell when it's in Low vs Medium at those speeds. Probably the first car in the history of mankind where you can tell which suspension setting your car is in, just by traveling at 35+mph. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jebinc
More than likely! As an update, I still find Medium suspension height provides noticeably less vibration in the 35-50mph region, though the issue is that the car doesn't revert to Medium all that quickly after you travel highway speeds (where it automatically switches to Low) and I can always tell when it's in Low vs Medium at those speeds. Probably the first car in the history of mankind where you can tell which suspension setting your car is in, just by traveling at 35+mph. :rolleyes:
Does it ever revert back to Medium? For me, once it goes to Low, it stays there.

My 22 does not vibrate, but with only 81 miles on the clock, I'm feeling that it will soon. Perhaps the solution is to punch it and the acceleration will make you forget it, as seen here:

I'm selling the car, btw. Dealing with Tesla and the lack of service is affecting my health.
Good for you for selling it. I don't blame you, or anyone, for doing the same. Tesla service is absolutely terrible, and arguably the worst in the entire industry.

Good for you for selling it. I don't blame you, or anyone, for doing the same. Tesla service is absolutely terrible, and arguably the worst in the entire industry.
I was considering trading both cars in for a new EQS today, but as I tried to use the nav system, would not take me to any charger. Just said, "Car may not reach destination"

The SuC network and nav has no equal.

Reactions: jebinc
I was considering trading both cars in for a new EQS today, but as I tried to use the nav system, would not take me to any charger. Just said, "Car may not reach destination"

The SuC network and nav has no equal.

I agree. In fact, I cannot understand the clamoring for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Take that from someone who literally waited an extra year for his VW Golf R in 2015 so that when I got my 2016 model it would have CarPlay, one of the first cars in the USA to have CarPlay. Would it be nice to have Apple Music natively in the car? Absolutely. Some functionality from Waze? Definitely. CarPlay? Couldn't care at the moment. Looks like a child designed it, by comparison to Tesla's slick navigation.

Reactions: aerodyne
I agree. In fact, I cannot understand the clamoring for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Take that from someone who literally waited an extra year for his VW Golf R in 2015 so that when I got my 2016 model it would have CarPlay, one of the first cars in the USA to have CarPlay. Would it be nice to have Apple Music natively in the car? Absolutely. Some functionality from Waze? Definitely. CarPlay? Couldn't care at the moment. Looks like a child designed it, by comparison to Tesla's slick navigation.
Though, I'd prefer Google maps. There's a new highway connection in my area and Google has it perfectly right, from the day it opened. Months later, Tesla still doesn't have the road, and AP freaks out on the new highway since it drops back to fsd and thinks there should be a 25 mph speed limit.

I kinda/sorta found somewhat of a workaround on this issue... as soon as I feel the vibration, I let go the gas pedal ever so slightly and then reapply to the original position. This gets rid of the vibration sometimes. My hypothesis is this is some sort of resonance issue (as it doesn't come on every single time), so by "disrupting" the resonance somehow, it reduces the vibration.

BTw., it seems my LR's vibration issue has been getting slightly worse... it used to kick in at around 41/42mph but now it starts at 37/38mph. The vibration seems to be more mild when I have suspension set at the softest setting, but since I love the firmer suspension so I am choosing to live with the more exaggerated version of this issue.

I kinda/sorta found somewhat of a workaround on this issue... as soon as I feel the vibration, I let go the gas pedal ever so slightly and then reapply to the original position. This gets rid of the vibration sometimes. My hypothesis is this is some sort of resonance issue (as it doesn't come on every single time), so by "disrupting" the resonance somehow, it reduces the vibration.

BTw., it seems my LR's vibration issue has been getting slightly worse... it used to kick in at around 41/42mph but now it starts at 37/38mph. The vibration seems to be more mild when I have suspension set at the softest setting, but since I love the firmer suspension so I am choosing to live with the more exaggerated version of this issue.
Interesting. Also, I've found the vibration is noticeably worse in Low suspension compared to Medium. It's easy to test by just cruising at around 40mph with slight load, and then switching to Medium - the vibrations reduce dramatically, but they're still there. I then switch back to Low and it's considerably worse. My vibration starts at 35mph and continues up. The road vibrations dull it after around 50mph, but if you're paying close attention you can feel it far beyond 50mph.

Interesting. Also, I've found the vibration is noticeably worse in Low suspension compared to Medium. It's easy to test by just cruising at around 40mph with slight load, and then switching to Medium - the vibrations reduce dramatically, but they're still there. I then switch back to Low and it's considerably worse. My vibration starts at 35mph and continues up. The road vibrations dull it after around 50mph, but if you're paying close attention you can feel it far beyond 50mph.
Do you always have the vibration or just on initial drive?