Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is probably a false positive as my experience is that my vibration isn’t always consistent regarding vibration intensity….

But I would like to see if anyone who upgraded to 36.1 can reproduce.

I upgraded yesterday. Took 4 drives today and had no vibration at all.

Again, don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up.
Placebo. It’s still there. I have both, .36.1 and the vibration.

Reactions: WilliamG
Yes, I am on 2022.36.6 and the vibration is just as bad (maybe worse; see below) as it's been since day one.

To be noted: I have noticed a significant degradation in under 45mph vibration the past couple of weeks. Mostly when coasting up to stop lights slowly. Last night I think I got my answer to the increase in "vibration". See thead here. This issue is NOT related to the original 45mph vibration issue.

Yes, I am on 2022.36.6 and the vibration is just as bad (maybe worse; see below) as it's been since day one.

To be noted: I have noticed a significant degradation in under 45mph vibration the past couple of weeks. Mostly when coasting up to stop lights slowly. Last night I think I got my answer to the increase in "vibration". See thead here. This issue is NOT related to the original 45mph vibration issue.
I think your link isn't working. Which thread?

I think I have started to notice the vibration on regen as well recently. It used to only be on acceleration....

Met a Rivian Test Engineer today. Sounds like a pretty compelling vehicle, but they need to work the charging network.
Currently, it’s way over engineered, which as an engineer, I really like! Cost cutting business people haven’t yet sunk their teeth into this juicy morsel.

Yes, they don’t really have a “network” yet, but I’ve taken two long trips and used Walmart parking lot EA 150/350 charges without issue.

Reactions: uthatcher
The first manufacturer that matches/exceeds the Plaid performance levels will likely get my business.

Tesla used to be a "personable" company (circa 2015), but have become more and more about sucking every last dollar out of me just because they could. Competiton should humble them a little (I hope). Things like free premium connectivity (now $10/mon), unlimited supercharging (now some confusing chart based on charging speed), convenient purchase/delivery options (now very inconvenient - maybe just in LA), on and on. Yeah, capitalism, supply and demand, building customer base, I get it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

The first manufacturer that matches/exceeds the Plaid performance levels will likely get my business.

Tesla used to be a "personable" company (circa 2015), but have become more and more about sucking every last dollar out of me just because they could. Competiton should humble them a little (I hope). Things like free premium connectivity (now $10/mon), unlimited supercharging (now some confusing chart based on charging speed), convenient purchase/delivery options (now very inconvenient - maybe just in LA), on and on. Yeah, capitalism, supply and demand, building customer base, I get it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
I'm ok with a lot of the "get it up and running" freebees going away (like free SC and connectivity). What I am really finding horribly distasteful is the utter disregard and lack of respect for the customer. It is our way or the highway which is going to lead to a lot of highway driving :)

Really sad to see as I love the engineering and execution. I gotta say, I'm also getting a huge bad taste in my mouth for E's politics. That stuff belongs in Apartheid SA (which luckily has been relegated to the past).

I'm ok with a lot of the "get it up and running" freebees going away (like free SC and connectivity). What I am really finding horribly distasteful is the utter disregard and lack of respect for the customer. It is our way or the highway which is going to lead to a lot of highway driving :)
Agreed on customer service... I've never used Tesla roadside, but I gave a chance when I had the flat tire. 3 HOURS after getting a confirmation, I ended up canceling the call. I called my insurance roadside and was home in 45 minutes with my car. My 2015 buying experience was loads better than my 2021 experience. LA is likely the least Tesla friendly state in the US. I've heard rumors that you can no longer take delivery in LA or in a border-sharing state. I'm not even sure how they could enforce such a ridiculous rule. I pick up in Houston, but they offered flatbed to Lafayette.

Reactions: aerodyne

Really sad to see as I love the engineering and execution. I gotta say, I'm also getting a huge bad taste in my mouth for E's politics. That stuff belongs in Apartheid SA (which luckily has been relegated to the past).

Agreed this is my first Tesla and probably my last. I love the Plaid, she runs great (knock on wood), but the fit/finish and the constant service visits with weeks of delays to get in, to not fix anything, schedule another appointment when parts available, etc. It's a joke. They just don't care. I've been around the car circles and I can tell you Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, and Ferrari so far for me have given me good experiences. Chevy when I had my Corvettes you were just clumped in with the Cobalts and other cheap models no extra experience points.

Agreed this is my first Tesla and probably my last. I love the Plaid, she runs great (knock on wood), but the fit/finish and the constant service visits with weeks of delays to get in, to not fix anything, schedule another appointment when parts available, etc. It's a joke. They just don't care. I've been around the car circles and I can tell you Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, and Ferrari so far for me have given me good experiences. Chevy when I had my Corvettes you were just clumped in with the Cobalts and other cheap models no extra experience points.
Same view, experience and action plan going forward.

Thankfully I’m almost 12k miles in and my vibration hasn’t been any worse than the 40-50mph range at low acceleration. I haven’t decided to mess with anything either as I’m not sure it won’t make them worse.

My factory PZeros are starting to make some noise though, they probably have about 8k miles on them since I had winters on for a while. Hopefully I don’t encounter what you all have had