Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid vs refresh LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
Excuse me if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. I haven't followed the refresh details religiously, so I will apologize for that as well, but other than the tri-motor drivetrain, and the performance that comes with it, and a rear spoiler, what are the other differences? (edit: looks like the front motor has a carbon rotor as well)

I didn't even notice red calipers on the Plaid last night.

The updated battery pack, the updated cooling using the new heat pump, the same arachnid wheel option, updated interior, and yoke steering, and UI are all the same between the Plaid and the regular refresh LR?

Same brakes too? really?

So essentially the Plaid is just the P in the P100D, compared to the 100D, but there is no 100 or any number referenced anymore.

Reactions: Hank42
Excuse me if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. I haven't followed the refresh details religiously, so I will apologize for that as well, but other than the tri-motor drivetrain, and the performance that comes with it, and a rear spoiler, what are the other differences? (edit: looks like the front motor has a carbon rotor as well)

I didn't even notice red calipers on the Plaid last night.

The updated battery pack, the updated cooling using the new heat pump, the same arachnid wheel option, updated interior, and yoke steering, and UI are all the same between the Plaid and the regular refresh LR?

Same brakes too? really?

So essentially the Plaid is just the P in the P100D, compared to the 100D, but there is no 100 or any number referenced anymore.
We don’t know the difference in battery packs yet, since no LR has been delivered. There’s still some debate as to what the construct of Plaid’s battery even is, so we’ll have to wait and see.

But overall, yes the powertrain is the main difference, as well as the carbon fiber spoiler and the option for a carbon fiber interior trim. Still early days though, other differences may appear once deliveries of both models are in full swing.

Last edited: