Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid vs refresh LR

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
Excuse me if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. I haven't followed the refresh details religiously, so I will apologize for that as well, but other than the tri-motor drivetrain, and the performance that comes with it, and a rear spoiler, what are the other differences? (edit: looks like the front motor has a carbon rotor as well)

I didn't even notice red calipers on the Plaid last night.

The updated battery pack, the updated cooling using the new heat pump, the same arachnid wheel option, updated interior, and yoke steering, and UI are all the same between the Plaid and the regular refresh LR?

Same brakes too? really?

So essentially the Plaid is just the P in the P100D, compared to the 100D, but there is no 100 or any number referenced anymore.

Reactions: Hank42

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
Excuse me if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. I haven't followed the refresh details religiously, so I will apologize for that as well, but other than the tri-motor drivetrain, and the performance that comes with it, and a rear spoiler, what are the other differences? (edit: looks like the front motor has a carbon rotor as well)

I didn't even notice red calipers on the Plaid last night.

The updated battery pack, the updated cooling using the new heat pump, the same arachnid wheel option, updated interior, and yoke steering, and UI are all the same between the Plaid and the regular refresh LR?

Same brakes too? really?

So essentially the Plaid is just the P in the P100D, compared to the 100D, but there is no 100 or any number referenced anymore.
We don’t know the difference in battery packs yet, since no LR has been delivered. There’s still some debate as to what the construct of Plaid’s battery even is, so we’ll have to wait and see.

But overall, yes the powertrain is the main difference, as well as the carbon fiber spoiler and the option for a carbon fiber interior trim. Still early days though, other differences may appear once deliveries of both models are in full swing.

Last edited:

Kandiru

Oct 20, 2014
USA
LR used for me, it will be a beast, 3.1s, hopefully Lucid will be eough competition by 2023 so Elon lowers the price to 68k again like in Dec. 2020.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
I would think we would see pictures of the battery sticker by now. I think years ago that was the 3rd picture I had taken of my 75RWD

666kW

Apr 26, 2021
Maryland
We don’t know the difference in battery packs yet, since no LR has been delivered. There’s still some debate as to what the construct of Plaid’s battery even is, so we’ll have to wait and see.
This, I believe covers this statement.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC