Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid wheel+tire package for 200mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the debut of the Plaid S, the website has said "the indicated Plaid top speed requires proper wheels and tires which will be available in Fall 2021."

Winter starts December 21st, which is 29 days away.

Have to assume there will be a software update that will unlock the extra speed, once you have the special wheels+tires.

If this all does down at the last possible moment (but with no "delays") owners will get the software update around December 18th and some sort of notification about the new wheel+tire option and will be invited to schedule a Service appointment to get the new items.

I wonder how many open booking slots Tesla Service will have during the last two weeks of the year! (Which is also the final 2 weeks of the insane Q4 delivery period.)

Assuming owners can get their new wheels+tires before Christmas... there will be youtubes of people trying to get up to 200mph. All Plaid Model S are confined to North America at this point, and doing 200mph in some parts of the USA in the final 2 weeks of the year... is not plain sailing.

I wonder if the new wheels+tires will be offered at an additional expense - i.e. you don't get 200mnph top speed unless you buy them - or it will become the standard on new Model S Plaid for $119,000. Will they keep Arachnids on the website as an option? Probably not if it creates a top speed restricted to 163mph.