Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid without Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking if anyone else has a vehicle with similar deficiencies?
1) The vehicle did not come with a parcel shelf, the service folks say they will have one on Nov 5.
2) Navigation does not function. A dialog box comes up stating that I need to connect to WiFi to download an update. The vehicle is connected to WiFi and overnights in the garage next to the router.
3) The phone app does not find the vehicle, so I do not know the charging status, location, etc. It is connected to my account so I can see my VIN, but no other controls function.

- Parcel Shelf is missing from many. Common problem. Supply chain issue.
- Try rebooting the car. Simple reboot is pressing two steering wheel buttons until displays go off. Also, a hard reboot is to power off the car from the menu option, sitting in the car without touching anything for two minutes after powering down. This solves many issues.
- I take it you connected the car to your WiFi entering the password for your WiFi, and it is connected to that successfully. Select the option under Software Updates for "Advanced" updates. Also, when you open the window that has software updates, it checks for updates immediately -- what is the response? Also, connect your car to your phone via bluetooth, which should help with certain phone items in the phone app. Does the car have the LTE phone network connection? It should also perform function using this connection, even if the WiFi is not connected, but it definitely prefers WiFi for downloads.
- your phone app should connect once you car is seen by Tesla. Make sure you enable data sharing from your car's menu item

Thanks for the comments.
- I have rebooted with the scroll wheels, and also with the power off option. Neither helps.
- When going to the software update page, it displays the same dialog box asking for WiFi connectivity.
- Yes, the LTE logo and bars is displayed in the top right.
- I can stream podcasts or make calls from the phone through the system.

Open up a service ticket thru the app. They will likely push an update to you, or can see what is going on. They generally try to troubleshoot remotely before getting you to come in or sending out mobile service. Perhaps wifi is broken.

Just checking if anyone else has a vehicle with similar deficiencies?
1) The vehicle did not come with a parcel shelf, the service folks say they will have one on Nov 5.
2) Navigation does not function. A dialog box comes up stating that I need to connect to WiFi to download an update. The vehicle is connected to WiFi and overnights in the garage next to the router.
3) The phone app does not find the vehicle, so I do not know the charging status, location, etc. It is connected to my account so I can see my VIN, but no other controls function.

I had the same problem for #2 on MS LR. Called the local service center. They said the update got stuck. I dropped by local SC to get that fixed.