Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid X Vibration at beginning of each drive: Who is experiencing this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The half shafts in my 2020 Model X got noisy at around 14000 miles December purchase 2019. They were replaced under warranty. The service center also cleaned and lubricated the calipers on the Car at no charge July 2021 and gave me a loaner. So no complaints on the service. The car has 30570 miles and the half shafts are pretty noisy now especially when cold. I am scheduled to go in for a diagnosis despite the video I sent in and had to agree to a $200 charge for diagnosis. The video I sent in with the service request apparently was insufficient despite it recording the noise and the speedometer reading showing hard acceleration. I was told there was no charge for diagnosis if they found the problem. I hope I don't go in and they tell me yes you have the problem and come back in a month to get the repair done. I tried to up load a .MOV file with sound but that file extension isn't allowed here on the site. Kind of a nuisance as it's the iPhone file format but you know hardly anyone uses iPhones.
I will continue the saga October 20....

The half shafts in my 2020 Model X got noisy at around 14000 miles December purchase 2019. They were replaced under warranty. The service center also cleaned and lubricated the calipers on the Car at no charge July 2021 and gave me a loaner. So no complaints on the service. The car has 30570 miles and the half shafts are pretty noisy now especially when cold. I am scheduled to go in for a diagnosis despite the video I sent in and had to agree to a $200 charge for diagnosis. The video I sent in with the service request apparently was insufficient despite it recording the noise and the speedometer reading showing hard acceleration. I was told there was no charge for diagnosis if they found the problem. I hope I don't go in and they tell me yes you have the problem and come back in a month to get the repair done. I tried to up load a .MOV file with sound but that file extension isn't allowed here on the site. Kind of a nuisance as it's the iPhone file format but you know hardly anyone uses iPhones.
I will continue the saga October 20....
Your car issue is not related to this thread, fyi.

Add me to the list! 🙄

I took delivery of a '23 MXP on Wednesday. After the vehicle sits in my garage for an undetermined period of time and I go for a drive, oh does it vibrate pretty badly for about 1-2 minutes then disappears. I made a couple of stops along the way and when I got back in the X to drive, everything was just fine.

I got in the vehicle yesterday morning and the same exact pattern occurred.

Add me to the list! 🙄

I took delivery of a '23 MXP on Wednesday. After the vehicle sits in my garage for an undetermined period of time and I go for a drive, oh does it vibrate pretty badly for about 1-2 minutes then disappears. I made a couple of stops along the way and when I got back in the X to drive, everything was just fine.

This is normal they all do this.

Software update to fix vibration????? 🤣🤣🤣

My SC appointment is on 11/3, can't wait to see pigs fly!

IMG_6503.jpg

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and Tiger
Add me to the list! 🙄

Maybe the car just needs to get warm like an ICE ;) Or maybe it is slow to calibrate to riding height ;) Software fix could fix that ;)

• Funny
Reactions: theslimshadyist
Well, this is NOT normal. lol

This is Tesla number 7 for me and even my Model S Plaid didn't have this behavior. Although, it did have the "slight acceleration" vibration between 40-53mph and even though 2 years later there's still no resolution, it's not what I would call "normal".
I know of 4 Plaid’s in a colder first drive they all do this for the first one to two minutes. I also believe this subject has been covered in this thread.

This is Tesla number 7 for me and even my Model S Plaid didn't have this behavior. Although, it did have the "slight acceleration" vibration between 40-53mph and even though 2 years later there's still no resolution, it's not what I would call "normal".
This is's a different vibration that only affects 2022+ models. The 2021 models don't experience it (for whatever reason). My 2022 I barely notice it, really, and it only does it for the first minute or two of driving. The first-drive vibration is at lower mph.

normal meaning……
conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected. This is the definition of (Tesla) you have had seven you should know.. wait till they tell you this is within specifications…….

Oh, I'm very familiar with their canned "within spec" response. It always applies to anything they don't have a resolution for. lol
I still think this is the heat pump warming up some component of the drivetrain when it is on the cool side. I notice it more when the ambient temps are lower. But it is definitely "normal" as in Tesla has programmed it to do this. It is not mechanical IMO as the frequency does not change with speed. I feel strongly that it's electrical and as I said I think it's the heat pump.

• Informative