Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Yoke Turn Signals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about you guys, but I cannot get used to the yoke turn signals.
I hope for the sake of you enjoying the car for many years you get used to this, but I think it highlights that this engineering change offers little to no benefit for the driver. If Tesla released a bike I bet the gears and chain would be around the front wheel with overly complex mechanics to handle this....because it's edgy and different whilst at the same time difficult to use.

Reactions: Wol747
Got it - thanks! Just got the car less than a week ago so no updates yet. Waiting patiently...
This update significantly improve the usability of the signal button and not being a nuisance when changing the music station.

Unfortunately I got the buzzing from the yoke after the update.
I just received the car back from SC today because of 2 minor and 1 serious issues: Frunk latch stuck, yoke electrical buzzing and a major issue with HighVoltage battery controller + contactor (this prevent supercharger to work with the car).

They fix the Major issue with the controller and the frunk, however they didn't fix the buzz.

They though it was fixed after they force to update to newer firmware. But I demonstrate to the technician that it is fine after the car went to sleep, but a simple tap on any of the yoke button will trigger the noise for the rest of the time the car is running. Sure enough the technician confirmed the buzz after I press the dim light.

Took them 19 days to get the parts and fixed my car, so I figure it's worth taking the car back home without the yoke fix. They did told me to come back if new update didn't fixed it.

I'm wondering if anybody with the signal update had the buzzing issue or I'm alone? (Make sure the music is off and the cabin is closed and tap the dim light or blinker once, put your ear near the signal arrow, hear if there's any buzzing).

This update significantly improve the usability of the signal button and not being a nuisance when changing the music station.

Unfortunately I got the buzzing from the yoke after the update.
I just received the car back from SC today because of 2 minor and 1 serious issues: Frunk latch stuck, yoke electrical buzzing and a major issue with HighVoltage battery controller + contactor (this prevent supercharger to work with the car).

They fix the Major issue with the controller and the frunk, however they didn't fix the buzz.

They though it was fixed after they force to update to newer firmware. But I demonstrate to the technician that it is fine after the car went to sleep, but a simple tap on any of the yoke button will trigger the noise for the rest of the time the car is running. Sure enough the technician confirmed the buzz after I press the dim light.

Took them 19 days to get the parts and fixed my car, so I figure it's worth taking the car back home without the yoke fix. They did told me to come back if new update didn't fixed it.

I'm wondering if anybody with the signal update had the buzzing issue or I'm alone? (Make sure the music is off and the cabin is closed and tap the dim light or blinker once, put your ear near the signal arrow, hear if there's any buzzing).

Yes, lots of us have that issue. It'll get fixed in a firmware update at some point, I imagine.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I was able to get the yoke steering buzz fixed. It was never fixed by firmware updates at all. I had mobile service replace my entire yoke. The buzz is now completely gone and the mobile tech confirmed that looking at the part number on the yoke it showed at least 2 revisions from my June build refreshed model s yoke. The leather is also built and put together better, which was my initial issue and need for the replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: RobotX and WilliamG
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I was able to get the yoke steering buzz fixed. It was never fixed by firmware updates at all. I had mobile service replace my entire yoke. The buzz is now completely gone and the mobile tech confirmed that looking at the part number on the yoke it showed at least 2 revisions from my June build refreshed model s yoke. The leather is also built and put together better, which was my initial issue and need for the replacement.
Hmm. I guess that’s another for the list then…

Might need to do another service center appointment for this issue when i did my recall for the airbag service.
Thanks for the info.

I posted this on another thread, but I am now also getting a buzzing from the autopilot camera behind the rear view mirror. At first I thought the yoke buzz was getting much worse, but it turns out now I have 2 locations that are buzzing!

That's good to hear! Can you post a screenshot of your invoice showing the parts they replaced to fix the buzz?

Reactions: cartwright