Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plain Model Y customers punished AGAIN June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I am seeing just about everyone with exception of the performance got a one month push back. I changed my model to a performance awhile back which moved my date up to just a month out and then a feed days later I realized I was just wasting money on something I didn’t really want due to impatience. I switched back to my original, knowing I screwed myself and it put me in the back of line, but I am way happier with my decision knowing I’ll have to wait but I will get the car I actually want. FYI- I know the performance is a great vehicle, but not for my needs.

From what I am seeing just about everyone with exception of the performance got a one month push back. I changed my model to a performance awhile back which moved my date up to just a month out and then a feed days later I realized I was just wasting money on something I didn’t really want due to impatience. I switched back to my original, knowing I screwed myself and it put me in the back of line, but I am way happier with my decision knowing I’ll have to wait but I will get the car I actually want. FYI- I know the performance is a great vehicle, but not for my needs.
Same here. 22 miles range is not a small one plus the size on the wheel. I remeber Shawn replaced his red MYP wheels to get a better ride.
M3P makes a lot more sense to me if that's your thing. A great family EV SUV is most people want I guess.

Think of all the upgrades you'll have when you do get your new car: matrix headlights, new batteries, ventilated seats, quicker acceleration, more range, yoke steering wheel.

Seriously, the wait is really hard. I've been through it once, and going on again right now. When you take delivery and drive off, though, all's right in the world.

I ordered a Model Y (Long Range) and paid deposit Mar 4, 2022. I got the cheaper small wheels (better range), White paint, black interior (so it would be cool and not show stains so much) no tow hitch (bike rack gets in the way of trunk access) and no FSD (doesn't work anyway). In short, I ordered the cheapest configuration - on a $60-$70k car. At the time of order, we were upset that the EDD was, if I recall, September-Dec., but we noticed if we picked some upgrade, like blue or bigger wheels, it said August. We are in Northern California, right near the Fremont Factory.

Then they changed my EDD to Jan-April 2023...

I just noticed that it's slipped back to Mar-June 2023, so that's up to 1 Yr + 3 months already since I ordered!!!!

Are they punishing me for not ordering accessories? Or are they punishing me for ordering early at a better price?

I note that first, we had a representative contact us a few days ago and paint a very rosy picture, saying that living near the Fremont factory we would almost certainly get it much earlier than the Jan-April time. Ha!

I note that second, Elon is tweeting about laying off staff. Shoot, is he so cheap that he doesn't want to have enough staff when he has a backlog of a zillion orders?

Elon, you are treating us like crap, and we are noticing it. I hope someone tells him.

Anyone else notice this ill-treatment for not buying accessories? If it would help at this point, I would blow another $1000 to get the car sometime while I'm still alive.

-TPC

They are definitely prioritizing performance models. Not sure about adding options to LR helps or not . This is the text I got from local rep when asked Whether changing color or adding options will help.

O/D - 11/2021
EDD - Sep 22

Attachments

• 98CC7EEC-B0D4-4A16-BA3A-EB9F0E89E5A0.jpeg
    98CC7EEC-B0D4-4A16-BA3A-EB9F0E89E5A0.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 170
  • Helpful
Reactions: JDEWD250 and Ormond
Think of all the upgrades you'll have when you do get your new car: matrix headlights, new batteries, ventilated seats, quicker acceleration, more range, yoke steering wheel.

Seriously, the wait is really hard. I've been through it once, and going on again right now. When you take delivery and drive off, though, all's right in the world.
Ventilated seats for cooling ? I don’t think range will improve by then.

Everyone got a big EDD push (in the wrong direction) yesterday.
Yes, there has always been a delayed EDD for no option orders like yours and like mine.
We all knew this at the time of ordering. I ordered March 11th. No option order was December. Adding just a single option made that September.
A 3 month difference.
As of yesterday no option orders got the new March-June date and optioned orders got the Dec-March date. Still a 3 month difference.
So everyone got moved equally.

I still think these dates will all reset to something closer to the original EDD. It really seems like everyone got this generic window yesterday and it happens to be the exact same window as a brand new order. We shall see what happens.
Thanks for those straight-up observations. These come from the spreadsheet I assume? Or posts here?

Your sig says you are MSM (midnight silver metallic)/blk, and you were pushed back just same as me, Pearl White. I was wondering if there was any color prejudice as well, apparently not, only $$$s prejudice.

It's good to know at least the frills/no-frills differential is constant. If it were growing I would be really out of sorts.

Thanks,

-TPC

Nonsense

It has been well known for months now that the average wait time has stretched out to 9 months+ for orders placed in 2022. I don't know why Tesla occasionally hands out EDDs that are much sooner and then usually revokes them. That is certainly annoying.

You may wish to look at Troy Teslike's crowd sourced spreadsheet or order and delivery dates. It makes it quite clear that there is no conspiracy to discriminate against pirates. It *may* have been true that Tesla prioritized manufacture of performance models for a time but that is way past. And I think most people would say that FSD did not prioritize production but it did put a person ahead of another with the otherwise exact same order. An example of this is the following:

Tesla produces 10,000 MYLR Blue with hitch in January. There are 15,000 orders, of which 2000 are FSD. IF the logistics are not against it, Tesla will supply the FSD orders first and then divvy out what is left to the non FSD orders
Where did you get the color breakdown numbers? How do Blue and Red MYLR deliveries/production compare to Pearl White?

The spreadsheet seems to very clearly show that MYPs get delivered long before MYLRs. My question is really, can selecting any little accessory (hitch, premium color, white interior) put you in front of those who have not? At the time of order, it definitely did improve your EDD.

Thanks,

-TPC

Everyone got a big EDD push (in the wrong direction) yesterday.
Yes, there has always been a delayed EDD for no option orders like yours and like mine.
We all knew this at the time of ordering. I ordered March 11th. No option order was December. Adding just a single option made that September.
A 3 month difference.
As of yesterday no option orders got the new March-June date and optioned orders got the Dec-March date. Still a 3 month difference.
So everyone got moved equally.

I still think these dates will all reset to something closer to the original EDD. It really seems like everyone got this generic window yesterday and it happens to be the exact same window as a brand new order. We shall see what happens.

Correct- I ordered mine in Oct, 26 2021. Just got pushed back from "June" to "Aug 6-Sept17th".

MY LR, Blue, Hitch, No FSD, 19".

You are not getting pushed back because of your configuration, you are getting pushed back because we all are. It sucks but the reality is, we all want something that has limited supply so... we wait. In the 224 days I have been waiting, I think I have had 4 different delivery windows. Your date will likely continue to shift around.

None of these things are even on the radar or coming. People have been speculating about matrix headlights for a year and a half for LR models and there’s no indication they’ll be added. Aside from some new SR models out of Austin which are slower and have less range than the current LR there are also no indications whatsoever when the rest of the range will get new batteries. Vented seats and yokes? Pipe dream.

Tesla has a tendency to remove more over time than they add (radar, lumbar, USB ports, speakers).

My biggest criticism on this whole thing is the unreasonableness of Tesla when delivery finally does come. You get a 3 day window whenever it’s good for them and they won’t budge. People have lives and when the estimate jumps around as much as it does how do you expect people to plan accordingly? There are lots of stories of people who are out of town or on vacation when they get the delivery notice and miss their car because they can’t make the window.

I ordered a Model Y (Long Range) and paid deposit Mar 4, 2022. I got the cheaper small wheels (better range), White paint, black interior (so it would be cool and not show stains so much) no tow hitch (bike rack gets in the way of trunk access) and no FSD (doesn't work anyway). In short, I ordered the cheapest configuration - on a $60-$70k car. At the time of order, we were upset that the EDD was, if I recall, September-Dec., but we noticed if we picked some upgrade, like blue or bigger wheels, it said August. We are in Northern California, right near the Fremont Factory.

Then they changed my EDD to Jan-April 2023...

I just noticed that it's slipped back to Mar-June 2023, so that's up to 1 Yr + 3 months already since I ordered!!!!

Are they punishing me for not ordering accessories? Or are they punishing me for ordering early at a better price?

I note that first, we had a representative contact us a few days ago and paint a very rosy picture, saying that living near the Fremont factory we would almost certainly get it much earlier than the Jan-April time. Ha!

I note that second, Elon is tweeting about laying off staff. Shoot, is he so cheap that he doesn't want to have enough staff when he has a backlog of a zillion orders?

Elon, you are treating us like crap, and we are noticing it. I hope someone tells him.

Anyone else notice this ill-treatment for not buying accessories? If it would help at this point, I would blow another $1000 to get the car sometime while I'm still alive.

-TPC
When FSD is added, they could prepone your EDD.. happened to us.

Any "no options" March/Apr orders that got the Mar-Jun'23 placeholder on Monday get reset to a real range yet?
I see lots of optioned orders that had the Dec-Mar placeholder getting proper date ranges now.
I guess they will finish up those before resetting the ones way out in Mar-June?
Same as you right now. Some of those add on MYLR seem to be getting date ranges as late as Nov-Jan. We can actually realistically get ranges from Dec-Feb or early next year is my guess. Hopefully we get real ranges soon.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Weird how yall have EDDs into next year still yet you ordered months ahead of me.
OOD: June 25th. 1st EDD: Jan-Apr 2023. On June 26th that updated to October 12 - November 23 where it still sits today. MYLR 5 seat, Blue/Black/Gemini, No Tow, No FSD, No EAP.

ODD 03/14/2021, with white paint and black interiors, no tow
Current EDD Mar 2023 - Jun 2023

which is almost same (Apr 2023 - Jul 2023) as if I would order it today :(
I'm still stuck at March-June also...March 11th order. No options. MSM on black seats.

I'm still hoping that we get reset to something more realistic for a March order but I'm losing patience and will probably cave and update something on my order to get a better EDD. I'm hoping for some sort of Dec-Jan date range and catching the EOQ rush in December which would correspond to my original EDD.

Weird how yall have EDDs into next year still yet you ordered months ahead of me.
OOD: June 25th. 1st EDD: Jan-Apr 2023. On June 26th that updated to October 12 - November 23 where it still sits today. MYLR 5 seat, Blue/Black/Gemini, No Tow, No FSD, No EAP.
I think yours is getting help from Texas location. The EDD algorithms may be taking into account the new Giga Austin MYLR production that seems to have just started. Also I think most of us with March orders still stuck in 2023 have "no option" orders. I think the optioned orders that got pushed to Dec-Mar back on June 6th have now been reset to better ranges in the Oct-Dec range.

Reactions: ElectricNerd