Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plain Model Y customers punished AGAIN June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I do think upgrading to the 20" wheels and having different paint colors do help slightly with the EDD, it may not be much though.
Just do what others here have done. Change the trim to Performance and you could get an updated EDD and delivery in 1 week to 8 weeks (depending on your location, original order date of your LR, and time of change, ie. EOQ California orders).
They tell you that once you make the change, you are placed in the back of the line. But based on comments from many people here, that is not the case. If you switch to MYP, they go by your original order date so if you ordered the LR around March or before, very good chance they will bump your delivery date up significantly.

If you just ordered your car in March, I think it’s too early to be whining. I’m in no way a Tesla fanboy or Musk fan. I think Tesla went down the tubes once the 3 and Y got released as Tesla hasn’t been able to scale as quickly as they’ve grown. They got rid of their PR dept and put customer service and service as non-priority.
But it is what it is. I ordered my plain white Y with Gemini wheels and 7 seats back in October 2021. I just took delivery today after 9 months.
So complaining about your EDD after just 4 months is hilarious. Tesla does prioritize higher profit models and those who pay for FSD. I agree all that does is alienate customers. It just won’t bite them until there’s more EV competition.

If you just ordered your car in March, I think it’s too early to be whining. I’m in no way a Tesla fanboy or Musk fan. I think Tesla went down the tubes once the 3 and Y got released as Tesla hasn’t been able to scale as quickly as they’ve grown. They got rid of their PR dept and put customer service and service as non-priority.
But it is what it is. I ordered my plain white Y with Gemini wheels and 7 seats back in October 2021. I just took delivery today after 9 months.
So complaining about your EDD after just 4 months is hilarious. Tesla does prioritize higher profit models and those who pay for FSD. I agree all that does is alienate customers. It just won’t bite them until there’s more EV competition.

My original EDD was at the 9month mark (December 2022). But when my EDD then gets pushed to the 12-15month mark which was the same as a brand new order being placed 3 months after my order then that is what I'm complaining about.

I never really expected to get the car by December but I assumed Jan-Feb. Not Mar-June.

Anyways, I'm just using this thread to see if all others are in the same boat. I know what my solutions are to get a car sooner and I'll implement one of those come Aug 1st.
1) FSD glitch
2) MYP
3) Change color to blue.

My original EDD was at the 9month mark (December 2022). But when my EDD then gets pushed to the 12-15month mark which was the same as a brand new order being placed 3 months after my order then that is what I'm complaining about.

I never really expected to get the car by December but I assumed Jan-Feb. Not Mar-June.

Anyways, I'm just using this thread to see if all others are in the same boat. I know what my solutions are to get a car sooner and I'll implement one of those come Aug 1st.
1) FSD glitch
2) MYP
3) Change color to blue.
Demand for electric cars has went up sky high since you ordered in March of this year and your original estimate is no longer doable. There is probably a huge backlog of orders right now, so they have adjusted your "estimated" delivery date. It is just estimated, not guaranteed.
Things have changed since you ordered. Gas prices at record highs and yeah, we still have this ongoing War that is effecting prices for pretty much everything that needs to be transported.
The fact that I ordered after you and I just took delivery is not cool, but it is a business. They need to use whatever supply they have to sell the higher priced trim and configuration. It is, what it is. And I were well aware of the long wait time when ordering so I just chose the Performance trim to get it as fast as I could.
I think your best solution would be option number 1 or 2. Changing your color to blue from white may not help much.

Reactions: arbitrage000
I ordered a Model Y (Long Range) and paid deposit Mar 4, 2022. I got the cheaper small wheels (better range), White paint, black interior (so it would be cool and not show stains so much) no tow hitch (bike rack gets in the way of trunk access) and no FSD (doesn't work anyway). In short, I ordered the cheapest configuration - on a $60-$70k car. At the time of order, we were upset that the EDD was, if I recall, September-Dec., but we noticed if we picked some upgrade, like blue or bigger wheels, it said August. We are in Northern California, right near the Fremont Factory.

Then they changed my EDD to Jan-April 2023...

I just noticed that it's slipped back to Mar-June 2023, so that's up to 1 Yr + 3 months already since I ordered!!!!

Are they punishing me for not ordering accessories? Or are they punishing me for ordering early at a better price?

I note that first, we had a representative contact us a few days ago and paint a very rosy picture, saying that living near the Fremont factory we would almost certainly get it much earlier than the Jan-April time. Ha!

I note that second, Elon is tweeting about laying off staff. Shoot, is he so cheap that he doesn't want to have enough staff when he has a backlog of a zillion orders?

Elon, you are treating us like crap, and we are noticing it. I hope someone tells him.

Anyone else notice this ill-treatment for not buying accessories? If it would help at this point, I would blow another $1000 to get the car sometime while I'm still alive.

-TPC
I know I’m late to this thread. I’m new here haha. Yes you are in a way getting punished for not ordering a Tesla with some goodies on it. You get out on the bottom of the list for sure. My friend works for Tesla and that has been confirmed. It even matters if your financing verses writing a check for the car. If you’re writing a check for your Tesla you get it a month or so faster versus financing.

Last friday I got pushed forward!!!! Now Jan 24-Mar 21 2023! Only a few months later than promised orginally! Could be only 11 months total!

Forgive me if I screw up the sig here, the abbreviations may be beyond me.
What is PD anyway?
---------

MYLR/PW/19"Wheels/BlackInterior/5Seats/NoExtras (I think PW=Pearl White, right? )
OD: 03/04/22
EDD: 12/22 ; on 5/1/22 pushed to Jan-Apr 2023; on 6/6/22 pushed to Mar-June 2023; on 7/29/22 pulled back to Jan 24 - Mar 21 2023

The EDD does not matter to much until it changes to a two weeks window.
When I got a 1 week window, plus an inquiry for a trade-in, I thought that things were moving at last after 11 months.
But then, 3 days before the beginning of my 1 week window, my EDD got pushed back a week to Yet Another 3 Weeks window !
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On September 17, 2021, I ordered my Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems now that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19 with delivery in Fremont, CA For the first time, this is a single week window. A day later, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, an I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
On August 10, 2022, three days before the start of my 1 week window, I got a new EDD 10: : August 22 to September 19 ;-(

Last friday I got pushed forward!!!! Now Jan 24-Mar 21 2023! Only a few months later than promised orginally! Could be only 11 months total!
Forgive me if I screw up the sig here, the abbreviations may be beyond me.
What is PD anyway?
---------
MYLR/PW/19"Wheels/BlackInterior/5Seats/NoExtras (I think PW=Pearl White, right? )
OD: 03/04/22
EDD: 12/22 ; on 5/1/22 pushed to Jan-Apr 2023; on 6/6/22 pushed to Mar-June 2023; on 7/29/22 pulled back to Jan 24 - Mar 21 2023
With longer Tesla EDD's being tossed around like darts in a drunken pub game, I would only suggest that including all the various EDD's they have given all of us, in one's TMC user's sig could possibly wear out the strike-thru function of the forum's text editor. I now only include the latest fantasy EDD until I have the real thing sitting in my driveway. I say all that just to be light-hearted about these estimated EDD datings in our "T" app. ;)