Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planned 24 stall Tesla Supercharger in New Kent County, VA (Exit 211 on I64)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no actual “permit” for this site, just an agreement in theory to build one in 4 years. There will be a ton of red tape before this site ever sees a shovel on the ground. For example, there is also an “agreement” to build a Buc-ees in Anderson, SC right off I-85 by 2025. Not sure that will actually occur by then but it’s been in the news for over a year now. Just my 2 cents. YMMV

Maybe there should be another category for Planned locations, where there isn't an explicit Permit posted?

This "Permit" status location is going to sit for a LONG time.
Supercharge.info admins don't get serious until a site is under construction. In general, they've waited until there was a permit to create a pin but sometimes, sites like this slip through. There would be no appetite for adding another category like "planned." I suspect they will leave this one as a blue dot since it's already created, and Buc-ees has a track record of installing superchargers. There is no real harm in it staying a blue permit for an extended period. Lots of sites have gone through very long permit and construction phases.

Reactions: jthompson
We discussed it and feel it’s best to leave the permit pin in place. We’ve also discussed adding another “keep an eye on it” type of pin, but the jury is still out on that. As @theflyer said, things start getting serious when a site is actually under construction.

As for the permit aging date on supercharge.info’s data and charts tabs, we can adjust the permit date when a permit gets issued.

It looks like the land has been purchased, so moving forward.

This is greatly needed. Will be a perfect stop after trips to Williamsburg and the beach. If only it didn’t have to take 2 years…

They really need Short Pump, Midlothian, and Brandermill charging in RVA too… as a side note…

For what it's worth, this is a great example of a site that merits a "Plan" pin. It'll look like this with the upcoming changes on supercharge.info:

1711490924764.png 1711490837055.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Guacahummus