Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planned Supercharger Route on hwy 101

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
More great info today from the PDXTesla group. It seems to be corroborated by the permits we've found for Seaside and Lincoln City.

List of locations south to north:

- Eureka, CA (open) Supercharger - Eureka (location confirmed, permitted)

- Crescent City, CA (opening very soon) Supercharger - Crescent City (not yet started construction)

- Bandon-Coos Bay area, OR Supercharger - Bandon, OR

- Newport-Lincoln City area, OR (open) Supercharger - Lincoln City, OR

- Seaside, OR (open) Supercharger - Seaside, OR

- Aberdeen, WA Supercharger - Aberdeen, WA

-Forks, WA or Port Angeles, WA

Okay, people, let's get cracking on finding those permits! ;) Create discrete threads as permits/locations are found please.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MP3Mike and Nevek
More great info today from the PDXTesla group. It seems to be corroborated by the permits we've found for Seaside and Lincoln City.

List of locations south to north:

- Eureka, CA

- Crescent City, CA

- Bandon-Coos Bay area, OR

- Newport-Lincoln City area, OR

- Seaside, OR (opening soon)

- Aberdeen, WA

-Forks, WA or Port Angeles, WA

Okay, people, let's get cracking on finding those permits! ;) Create discrete threads as permits/locations are found please.
Sure hope these are developed quickly. Up and down the 5 is getting old. Thanks for the post.

Sure hope these are developed quickly. Up and down the 5 is getting old. Thanks for the post.

Well one of them is almost done (Seaside) and the Lincoln City one has been permitted. It looks like they're getting it done pretty quickly!

I agree, BTW, I-5 is great when you need to make time (unless you need to get through Portland) but it's pretty boring.

EDIT: I should have looked one thread down. Sorry!

Where is the Seaside supercharger? Any pics?

When I picked up my car last November, the DS told me that he heard, from the Portland-based supercharger team, that a charger in the Seaside area was in the works (or maybe just being considered), but I had no idea it was so far along.

EDIT: I should have looked one thread down. Sorry!

Where is the Seaside supercharger? Any pics?

When I picked up my car last November, the DS told me that he heard, from the Portland-based supercharger team, that a charger in the Seaside area was in the works (or maybe just being considered), but I had no idea it was so far along.

No pics of the Seaside charger yet but, knowing this group, I'll be surprised if that remains the case for long.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Excellent news! Can't wait to check them out!

I hope they decide to expand the further inland route to the North as well. I just got done helping my Mom move back up this way from SoCal and we took 395 North out of the LA area. What a great driving road with lots to stop and see. Our trip was in her CRV but would only have been possible in a Tesla as far North as Reno. Would love to see that expanded further north into Oregon and East through Oregon toward Idaho. I know, wrong thread. :p;)

Just awesome to be following the progress of this whole buildout! :D

OT - So in searching around to see if I can find some of the outstanding permits, I came a cross a 1975 newspaper article from Port Angeles talking about a federal bill for an ICE to EV conversion program!
"THE DAILY NEWS Port Angeles, Wash., Sun., March 30, 1975 Electrical-powered autos encouraged WASHINGTON (AP) - Legislation to promote sales and widespread use of electric-powered cars as the second, around-town vehicle for American families was introduced in the House Wednesday. Under the bill, the federal Energy Research and Development Administration would develop standards for converting conventional small cars to battery-power.... The principal sponsors of the bill are Rep. Mike McCormack, D-Wash., and George Brown, D-Calif.... the sponsors said, adding that the nation will be running out of oil by the end of the century.... At the news conference, a spokesman for an electric car maker said one electric charge costing about 50 cents would enable the vehicle to travel 60 miles at 60 miles per hour...."
More of the article is in the link, along with embedded ads for landscaping, gravestones, whitewalls or tires for your Gremlin or Pinto just to remind you of what 1975 was.

ok - back to Supercharger permits..... :)

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian and Lyon
I was told that the town of Bandon approached Tesla about a supercharger. No word if they were accepted. I hope Bandon will consider a few destination chargers for Tesla tourists.

Strategically, I think a spot between Highway 42 and Highway 38 would be ideal. One can either drive along 101, or you can cut across the Coastal Range. Springfield Supercharger - I 5 - Hwy 38 - 101 Supercharger or Grants Pass Supercharger - I5 -Hwy 42 - 101 Supercharger.

Reactions: Lyon