Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning a Road Trip from Parker, CO to Topeka, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should be getting my red P85 in mid to late May. I live in Parker, CO, and I would like to drive from there to Topeka, KS (where I have some family) in early September. Looking at ChargePoint, Recargo, and CarStations, it seems to be a pretty vast wasteland for regular charging stations between DIA and Manhattan, KS. The total distance between Parker and Topeka is about 540 miles. I am hoping that there are some RV campgrounds along I-70 that have 50 amp chargers, but I am not sure (yet) of the best way to look for them. Has anybody made the trip between the Denver area and the Topeka area in a Tesla yet? Any tips (besides don't do it) you can pass along? Thanks for any ideas!

Thanks for all the replies. I found an Android app called RV Parky that shows a number of KOA campgrounds along I-70. One issue is that I did not get the twin chargers, so it will take me a little longer to charge on a non-supercharger charging station. Oh well, I won't be in a huge hurry for the trip!

GlennAlanBerry - I will be traveling from St. Louis to Denver in June. I've lined up a number of RV campgrounds to get electrons. Check out Shady Grove in Seibert, CO. Jim there seems very excited about electric vehicles (970-664-2218), KOA in Salina is a good choice. Darryl is very accommodating (785-827-3182) and the KOA in Wakeeney, KS seems good (785-743-5612).