Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning for SF Bay Area trip..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC !

I'm super excited to plan my first multi-day road trip in my M3 and it will be from SoCal to San Jose to SF to Sacramento back to SoCal, for about 10 days total.

There will be a segment of 5-6 days where I will be staying in SF at a friends place (no charging) and driving to the Hyatt in Burlingame near SFO daily.

It seems like the closest superchargers are 10-15min away from the Hyatt down in San Mateo.

Ideally I would like to charge in SF because I will be busy all day but there is simply no superchargers in SF which is astounding, and Chargepoint and Plugshare are a mixed bag since it seems the closest locations are restricted or very high fee parking, with day time hours etc.

I can probably charge up in San Mateo on my way up and top off in between but any ideas / tips from locals?

Thanks!

I live a little over a mile away from the Supercharger at Bridgepoint-San Mateo. Weekday Mornings and evenings aren't too bad, you shouldn't have too much of an issue with finding an open spot. It usually gets pretty busy in the afternoons (lunch times), so I would try to avoid it around that time.

If you really need a charge around that time, you can check out the San Carlos Urban Chargers ~6 miles south from the pair of San Mateo chargers. At the moment, they don't show up on the in-car nav, but this should help-

Supercharger - San Carlos (LIVE 30 Jun 2018, 19 Urban stalls)

Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: jgd108