TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Planning to drive from NL to UK, things to keep in mind?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by skn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. skn

skn Member

I hope to drive my TS to UK from NL and in and around London this summer.

Is it a good idea? :)

What are the things that I should keep in mind (Tesla specific, have driven in UK in EU cars before). Speciafically I am concerned about street charging. I know there is a suprecharger in London. Are there street level charging? Is there an app that shows location of these charging points?

Thanks!

2. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I recommend you get a RFID card from Ecotricity so you can use those.

Take a look at this topic: charging in the uk

3. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

#3 Kevin Sharpe, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    see this thread;

Roadtrip to UK (Mainland), need charging advise (Roadster)

also note the comments about Ecotricity (and other) rapid charger reliability... don't count on them working!

With regards to London street parking you'll need a Source London card (here) and you'll find 3kW or 7kW widely distributed but rather unreliable in my experience. You'll need a Type 2 cable or EVSE with UK plug. I'm also not sure a Model S would get into many London parking locations.

If you're staying overnight or just eating a meal look up the Hotels on ZeroNet which are in some great London locations and don't need any cards (all locations have 7kW Charging Stations).