Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning to swap out tires in winter...what about tire rotation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using a tread depth gauge is also helpful in addition to a good visual and tactile inspection, to determine wear patterns

as depending on where you live / how much drive on each set of tires , you may have a shorter or longer driving season on each set, resulting in no need to rotate some seasons.

So I plan to swap out my all season tires for winter tires in the winter and switch them back in the spring. My question is what about tire rotation. Do I have to mark the tires somehow so when they swap them they rotate them?
Tire shops usually use chalk to write on the tread where the tires came from: LF, RF, LR, RR. Or, you can put the tires in bag or box that is marked. Then just remember the correct rotation direction based on the specific tire pattern (directional or unidirectional).

I bet for most Model 3 buyers it will be their first RWD car and their most expensive new car. Both are very good reasons to consider getting winter tires even if you never got them before on another vehicle.
Dual Motor should also get winter tires if you live with snow/ice. We put them on our Subarus every year.

Reactions: jsmay311