Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning Trip from Toronto to Providence Rhode Island any Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All.

I am planning my first long distance road trip to Providence Rhode Island from Ajax, Ontario. Has anyone done a similar run in this direction? I was planning to leave in the evening and stop in Kingston at the Best Western for dinner and top up for one hour and the stay over night in the Best Western in Syracuse where they have a Sun Country 90 amp Charger. The next day I was planning to Supercharge in Albany and then of to Providence...

Any thoughts or suggestions or tips?

Arun

It looks doable. Ajax to Kingston is 213km and Kingston to Syracuse is 210km, for a total of 423km. The charge station in Kingston is 208V 70A delivered, or 14.56kWh per hour (less charging overhead) which should give you about 50-60km extra range. You could stay in Kingston a bit longer for more of a buffer, or slow down and follow a truck if it looks like you'll be short on range. Keep your speed below 110km/h to be safe.

In September I'm planning to do Toronto to Vermont via Niagara Falls and Syracuse. The way there will be split over two days, but coming back will be a single day straight shot. The range is pushing it in a Roadster, but should be possible. Nice to have Sun Country Highway!