Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning trip with abetterrouteplanner.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish you would read my posts thoroughly. I said when I scroll up so I can see the estimate the map changes to show the full trip view.
I had some reasonable skepticism on this, because you had your firsthand experience that it did this, but I had my firsthand experience that it does not do this. I've used this functionality plenty of times, and it didn't do anything like you described...until today.

I plotted some routes just now, and it was doing that very thing you were describing, which isn't what it used to do before. So here is my apology. You are right. I've used this for years and as recently as this past fall, on trips I took in September and October, it did not do this. I'm not sure how recently they broke this, but something has messed up how that operates, and it's not supposed to hide the percent or flip views like that. I'm going to report that bug to Tesla. Thanks for finding that glitch.

I have never heard of it switching views just from moving the directions up and down and never seen it do anything like that. There's something odd going on there that isn't normal functionality. I'll experiment with that a bit and see if I can figure out what might cause something like what you're seeing. I've only ever seen it switch views by touching the toggle button that is there to switch between those three view types.
Have you not updated to v9? In v8, the estimated battery remaining always showed. In v9, I have the same experience he is describing. The estimated battery remaining is only visible when you expand the directions, and expanding the directions switches the map back to the trip overview screen. Switching the map view back compacts the directions, and the estimated battery remaining is hidden again. I don't use nav often, so it is possible this occurred in a later v9 update and isn't consistent in all v9 versions (I'm on 18.48.12.1).

Have you not updated to v9? In v8, the estimated battery remaining always showed. In v9, I have the same experience he is describing. The estimated battery remaining is only visible when you expand the directions, and expanding the directions switches the map back to the trip overview screen. Switching the map view back compacts the directions, and the estimated battery remaining is hidden again. I don't use nav often, so it is possible this occurred in a later v9 update and isn't consistent in all v9 versions (I'm on 18.48.12.1).
I have updated now, and I'll bet that is the difference. I hated what I was hearing about version 9, about so much loss of functionality, so I held off for a long time on doing the upgrade and was planning to never do it, but my wife talked me into it, and I think it was after those trips in the fall. We have an old pre-autopilot car, so there were no upsides to version 9 and only downgrades. This is yet another one I didn't know of, apparently. I really wish I could go back to version 6.x.