Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plantation, FL Supercharger congestion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m headed from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale for a weekend wedding. Because the wedding hotel (Marriott Harbor Beach) apparently does not have destination charging, I will need to charge at the Plantation charger over the weekend. I have not been there since they expanded to 16 stations. Before that, crowding and slow charge rates were issues. How are conditions there now? I assume early AM would be the best time to charge?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Plantation should be fine if you avoid lunch hours (11-2) or dinner hours (5-7). It about 12 miles from Plantation to your hotel. You can also consider Aventura Mall with 30 plus stations. That's about 15 miles south of your hotel. Weekend Aventura traffic could be an issue however.

• Informative
Reactions: V__2
Swung over from Naples this evening to see Bocelli.

Unfortunately, 13 of 16 filled this evening with 2/3 Model 3’s.

I suspect virtually all local charging which sucks for longer distance travelers (station has been coded as a high usage station and charging is set to 80% this evening) like ourselves. Even still, at 34kW we’re charging too slow to make our show comfortably.

Tesla will need to add more units here.....