Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plast-dipped my grey rear diffuser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided a black rear diffuser would blend much better after seeing a facelift car at the super charger with the black version. This was a very quick job (would have been quick except I messed up) and masking wasn't bad at all. I would highly recommend long even spray strokes otherwise you will get an uneven appearance. This took about half a can and 4-5 coats to get it nice and even looking.

Before:

IMG_4546.png

All masked off and first coat down, note I screwed up here and was doing too many short sprays which ended up drying super uneven and splotchy. I had to peel all of this off and start over, not fun.

IMG_4868.jpg

Finished:

IMG_4869.png

Reactions: byeLT4 and outdoors
Decided a black rear diffuser would blend much better after seeing a facelift car at the super charger with the black version. This was a very quick job (would have been quick except I messed up) and masking wasn't bad at all. I would highly recommend long even spray strokes otherwise you will get an uneven appearance. This took about half a can and 4-5 coats to get it nice and even looking.

Before:

View attachment 450569

All masked off and first coat down, note I screwed up here and was doing too many short sprays which ended up drying super uneven and splotchy. I had to peel all of this off and start over, not fun.

View attachment 450570

Finished:

View attachment 450571
VERY NICE