Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plasti Dip 20" X Stock Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Just got my X yesterday and put on custom 22s, but I decided to keep the stock 20s and plastidip them for road trips. The easiest way to do it was to get some index cards and fan them out in between the rim and the tire. It took me 2 cans of plasti dip for the 4 wheels. Came out looking very nice and was pretty simple to do. I used wd40 to get the extra spray off of the inside. I recommend taping off the holes from the backside when spraying them. I also bought wheel covers that are used usually on the back of Jeeps for the spare wheel and sealed up the 20s until i'm ready for a road trip. Here are the before and afters of the stocks!

PS: If you need an awesome OA.. my guy got me a great deal and I got the car in a week! I was very impressed with him and we continue to talk this day as he owns an X too. He's always looking at mods and stuff just like us. You can DM me for more info. I LOVE MY X!

IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0089.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Love
Reactions: BLKMDL3
Whoa! That looks cool! Just did my wheels and all trim and badges with black plasti dip. It turned out amazing. Great product, then I got it lowered because why not? Pardon the mud, my driveway needs to be repaved, also pardon the white stuff on trim, have to fix that today. Excess wax/sealant. Zack.View attachment 249721 View attachment 249718
I have to wait for my wrap guy to do my chrome delete. I'm gonna wrap it allll. But your car looks sick. What did you do for the lowering?