Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plasti Dip Steering Wheel Logo?

510storm

Jan 30, 2021
Bay Area
I just finished plastidipping all of my emblems and I love it. I still have some plastidip left over and was wondering if (with proper coverings, of course) it is possible to plastidip the steering wheel cover. I am pretty sure it is the only piece of chrome left on the car. I have seen the sticker covers and I do not think they look very good.

A secondary questions is if anyone has actually done it as I am wondering how the plastdip peels off as it seems to be not as pronounced as the emblems on the outside.

Any thoughts, tips, etc?

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
Should work well. I would cover every inch of the interior with those very thin plastic tarps from Home Depot. Plastidip does carry in the air.

The other option is to use a YouTube video to see how to remove the airbag. That's less work than covering everything. It's pretty easy to remove. I did it to wrap my steering wheel.

Last edited:

JulesVerne

Model Y Owner - since Aug 14, 2021
Jun 6, 2021
Toronto
Here's my steering wheel, with a black decal. I don't mind the slight silver outline. (in my profile pick you can also see my Plasti-dip'ed aero hubs)

Attachments

• 20210820_094742.jpg
    20210820_094742.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 15

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC