Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plasti Dip Steering Wheel Logo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finished plastidipping all of my emblems and I love it. I still have some plastidip left over and was wondering if (with proper coverings, of course) it is possible to plastidip the steering wheel cover. I am pretty sure it is the only piece of chrome left on the car. I have seen the sticker covers and I do not think they look very good.

A secondary questions is if anyone has actually done it as I am wondering how the plastdip peels off as it seems to be not as pronounced as the emblems on the outside.

Any thoughts, tips, etc?

Should work well. I would cover every inch of the interior with those very thin plastic tarps from Home Depot. Plastidip does carry in the air.

The other option is to use a YouTube video to see how to remove the airbag. That's less work than covering everything. It's pretty easy to remove. I did it to wrap my steering wheel.

Last edited:
Here's my steering wheel, with a black decal. I don't mind the slight silver outline. (in my profile pick you can also see my Plasti-dip'ed aero hubs)

Attachments

• 20210820_094742.jpg
    20210820_094742.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 384