Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plasti dipped the tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: the finish is still holding up really well. There's 3 small spots where something big bounced off the car during winter(stone or salt) and damaged the dip, but it's not noticeable and hasn't loosened. Gonna peel it all off here in a few weeks now that winter is over. The body shop we did this in has been experimenting with autoflex(prodip) and I think next shot we will use that formula and probably post a new thread before next winter.

Reactions: fortunex
I had a Plasti Dip hood stripe on my car a few years ago and when a rock hit it and scuffed it up I was able to use a little bit of GooGone to smooth it out and then apply another 2 layers on top of it. Overall it looks perfect and you couldn’t even see that I touched it up.

Curious if you ended up peeling it all off or if you kept it on the car. They used to have an installer located on the DYC website but I no longer can find it. I’d love to do this over a $7,000 wrap job if I could find a place local that is experienced in Plasti Dip.