Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plastidipped the slipstreams for winter

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
IMG_20191014_154737.jpg
IMG_20191014_154732.jpg

RecklessFury

Jun 25, 2019
USA
That looks great. I recommend you make sure you have nice thick coats. 2 Cans for 4 wheels is a bit light. When you go to remove the PlastiDip, It'll be a pain with thin coats. A nice thick coat allows it to peel in large pieces.

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
That looks great. I recommend you make sure you have nice thick coats. 2 Cans for 4 wheels is a bit light. When you go to remove the PlastiDip, It'll be a pain with thin coats. A nice thick coat allows it to peel in large pieces.

Yea that was my one mistake when applying

am_dmd

Jan 29, 2017
PA
There demo video make it look so easy. Demo guy just put a plastic bag to cover brakes. I don't have separate winter wheels so I will have to do this in pairs. How much was drying time?

cmarshack

Oct 25, 2015
San Clemente, CA
Lol nope ordered a kit from dipyourcar.com in the color I wanted. Only ended up using 2 cans out of 4. Total cost about $40

Looks great but beware that there is a reason they sent you four cans. You need to put the product on very thick if you plan on being able to easily remove it. With only two cans, it will be a total bitch to remove (It will also not last as long).

Just a PSA...

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

SS of 96 and falling
Jul 15, 2016
Pacific Northwest
I did black with pearlizer over the top last time. It turns out a dark grey metallic. It’s my favorite so far. I’ve also done the anthracite grey before. I’ve also done red, yellow, and white. Not all at the same time. I’ve never peeled it off before. I just keep painting over the previous color.
E96F8FC1-DAF4-49A4-A2BC-5820FC8DD5B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: f205v

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC