Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Play music while not in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I want to get out and dance at the supercharger, for example, do I just turn the car on via the mobile app?

Friend and I were digging a song yesterday at the supercharger. Nice day with all the windows open, she got out to dance and every time I tried to get out to join her, the music stopped, since I had the key/phone.

That is such a Portlander request :D

Is the boombox feature no longer available? I never used it so I don't know what its status is. My understanding is basically what you're saying - use the phone to control the car's audio, like a pair Bluetooth speaker.

But I've done this before I think by just leaving my phone in the car with the windows down. I wasn't dancing, because no one wants to see that train wreck, but I had music playing in the car while I was outside the car. I think we were playing catch at a supercharger.

Ha! Portlander lol 😆

I left my phone on the charge pad, but it still all turned off when I got out. I’m disappointed in the boom box speaker.. it’s great for the coconuts but for music it sounds like one small blown out speaker.
OP: assuming your windows are open to hear the music, reach into driver window and push down on driver seat to activate “occupancy” sensor. Then use steering wheel control to play/pause, skip, and volume. I do this when watching Netflix in the backseat w the baby at a super charger.

Reactions: Brendazzle
If I want to get out and dance at the supercharger, for example, do I just turn the car on via the mobile app?

Agreed with @ATPMSD. I haven't tried but I think the camper mode (from HVAC settings) should work. When your car is automatically locked and all windows rolled up in camper mode, you can go to your phone app to HVAC settings to "vent" your windows so the sound can escape from the interior of your car.

Reactions: Brendazzle
Agreed with @ATPMSD. I haven't tried but I think the camper mode (from HVAC settings) should work. When your car is automatically locked and all windows rolled up in camper mode, you can go to your phone app to HVAC settings to "vent" your windows so the sound can escape from the interior of your car.
Not an issue if your car has an external speaker, just go to the Boombox! I do this all the time when washing my car.